Thread: Wilson CQB

Default Wilson CQB

Guys, I have a price check for you. Looked at gunbrokers a few times. I am trying to justify a 5" Wilson CQB in .45 made about year 2000 with the bag and all paperwork. The gun LOOKS unfired and he wants $1700 plus delivery. It has two wilson mags. I only have snub nosed revolvers for carry. I think this would be a house/vehicle gun. I do not have a .45 and would have to purchase ammo for it. Should I tell my wife it's a fair/good/great deal? Thanks, Ben

Depending on the model the Wilson CQBs, new, start between $2300-$2500.

My buddy bought that exact same gun new (5" CQB in 2000). He paid in the $1800-$1900 range for it at that time. It was the finest 1911 SA triggers I've ever shot.

$1700 seems like a very fair deal.

I have one that I paid just over 2k for. I've shot about 12k rounds through it so far. 1700 sounds pretty decent to me. Consider investing a progressive press to reload for the gun. You'll shoot a lot more often.

Default Thanks

I'll see how this month goes. I would use a reloading press for the 454 also, then. Ben

BTK,

I have a CQB of that vintage and it sold for just a bit more new at that time.....heck of a 1911....accurate and reliable....never a jam....Vern

Default Les Baer

If you are looking for a high end 1911, take a look at the pistols from Les Baer. They are the best I have seen and shot in fit and finish, as well as accuracy. If you are not dead set on the Wilson, they are worth checking out. The Wilson is also a great gun, and would serve you well for the rest of your life. Sounds like a decent deal too. Good luck shopping.

Jake

Default do it

tell her its an investment , even if it loses value it will lose less value than todays stock market