Thread: Should I place cabin near Tok or Glenallen area?

Default Should I place cabin near Tok or Glenallen area?

I am deciding between Tok or Glenallen area (near Lake Louise rd or near Copper Center) anyway you guys got any comments? I am interested in access to public land for hunting and fishing which area would be best?

In glennallen your choices depend on you,... Riverside or lakeside...

In tok ... dont know... pretty land though... Expensive commodities..

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

Tok might boom up if the pipe line runs through there and maybe bring cheaper prices on some things and land will go up. Not sure if they are still over run with griz there.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by mwalker View Post
    I am deciding between Tok or Glenallen area (near Lake Louise rd or near Copper Center) anyway you guys got any comments? I am interested in access to public land for hunting and fishing which area would be best?
    Quote Originally Posted by ret25yo View Post
    In glennallen your choices depend on you,... Riverside or lakeside...

In tok ... dont know... pretty land though... Expensive commodities..
    Glenallen is 3-4 hours from everywhere good jumping off point.. and the good news is I know a guy in Glenallen with a new wood splitter. he sometimes has issues using it so by stopping by and helping one in awhile i am sure he'd let you do your wood too Only problem is you have to drive ALLLLLL the way to the end of town to get your beer for the night...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    Glenallen is 3-4 hours from everywhere good jumping off point.. and the good news is I know a guy in Glenallen with a new wood splitter. he sometimes has issues using it so by stopping by and helping one in awhile i am sure he'd let you do your wood too Only problem is you have to drive ALLLLLL the way to the end of town to get your beer for the night...

theres a serious factor I havent thought about...there's no sit down beer serving places here.... I make me and my wife long islands ... but nowhere in town is a good sit down, drink a beer, sports bar...

yeah I would let you split your winter wood if you chop mine to...lol

ohh but you gotta pay for gas .... ok half gas... lol

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

Brown Bear Rhodehouse has a bar and awesome burgers.

Default Tok

I started out on Kodiak , a couple years in the bush , the Kenai , Fairbanks area way too long and will die in Tok , tough to do better on the road system .

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Brown Bear Rhodehouse has a bar and awesome burgers.
    where in the hay is that... ?

Mile 183.5 on the Glenn on the west side of Glenallen...about 3 miles or so.