Thread: Model 710 300wm

Default Model 710 300wm

I am trying to find a bolt handle for my 710. I went out hunting and lost it due to Remington's great bolt locking mechanism. Has anyone ever had a problem like this? Trying to find a new bolt is harder then I immagined. I have to take the gun to WWG then ship it to Remington just for a replacement handle. Does anyone have and ideas where I could get a new/used bolt that will work? If I must ship gun to Remington and replace the bolt assembly like WWG stated I will not be shooting the old 710 anylonger. Thinking about changing to a Tika What are your thoughts?
    Thanks

Not entirely sure but isn't wild west the remington dealer? You dont know how much I hated saying that.

Ya, that is my problem I am trying to find another way around taking my gun there. I am in Soldotna.

Quote Originally Posted by akfirefighter View Post
    I am trying to find a bolt handle for my 710. I went out hunting and lost it due to Remington's great bolt locking mechanism. Has anyone ever had a problem like this? Trying to find a new bolt is harder then I immagined. I have to take the gun to WWG then ship it to Remington just for a replacement handle. Does anyone have and ideas where I could get a new/used bolt that will work? If I must ship gun to Remington and replace the bolt assembly like WWG stated I will not be shooting the old 710 anylonger. Thinking about changing to a Tika What are your thoughts?
    Thanks
    Well the Tikka is hands down a better rifle than the 710. My 710 is used and abused and still shooting straight, but its def. cheap. The trigger is Terrible, and its awfully heavy for being 90% plastic. That said, it still kills if I do my part. Go with the Tikka, you won't regret it.

I was checking out the Tika's at SW. I have to say I liked them. I'm looking for a moose gun for the 13yo. I hear they are recoil heavy but never shot one.

Quote Originally Posted by akspecialus View Post
    I was checking out the Tika's at SW. I have to say I liked them. I'm looking for a moose gun for the 13yo. I hear they are recoil heavy but never shot one.
    They are a perfect budget mountain gun! Mine is a 270WSM and I got it for sheep and bou. I wouldn't hesitate to let my kid carry it for moose if he was proficient with it. If you are in the market for one I would recommend Boondocks in ER. Much better service than SW and often better pricing as well. They take a great amount of care in mounting your optics and bore sighting it for you unlike "some" big box stores...

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    They are a perfect budget mountain gun! Mine is a 270WSM and I got it for sheep and bou. I wouldn't hesitate to let my kid carry it for moose if he was proficient with it. If you are in the market for one I would recommend Boondocks in ER. Much better service than SW and often better pricing as well. They take a great amount of care in mounting your optics and bore sighting it for you unlike "some" big box stores...
    Not to mention there one hot sales women there.

Quote Originally Posted by akspecialus View Post
    Not entirely sure but isn't wild west the remington dealer? You dont know how much I hated saying that.

Yep we are the Remington factory service center along with Marlin, Bronwing, Winchester and hopefully, next year, a few others.

Chances are Remington may offer a new 770 for a reduced price.