Thread: Fire piston review

north pole ak

Default Fire piston review

I bought a wood fire piston off ebay to try out with my 6 year old. Last summer he built a fire with a sweedish flint by himself. It only took him 7 hours and he wore out the flint that was advertised as good for 10000 strikes.
    So now we are playing with the fire piston. It works quite well and is a lot of fun. You have to push it in and pull it out quickly to get it to work. It makes a coal about twice the size of a match head.

These would be simple to make. I might give it a try.
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

North Pole

I just pulled up some info on these and they look quite interesting. There was quite a bit of info on making your own using CPVC tubing......looks pretty easy to do.
    The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps! (Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945)