Thread: small game hunting around Fairbanks?

Question small game hunting around Fairbanks?

I just moved to the Fairbanks area and would like to do some small game hunting. Could anyone recommend some spots in the vicinity that would be good to try for grouse, ptarmigan, or hares? I'm excited to get out and do some hunting, but between being new to the area and the patchwork of land ownership, I'm unsure of where to go. Thanks in advance!

Default Rabbit Spots

Lots of rabbits down by the Delta area..Black Rapids and Donnelly Dome area, walk the willows they will be there.

Not sure what your range of travel is but Delta to Tok has bunches of bunnies..Grouse hunting was slow this fall so good luck there...

No big secret spots be given but rabbits are always in those areas, I also have good luck on the treelines of Murphy Dome for Ptarmigan and the ridge tops as well, some rabbits earlier this year, it is best to have snow shoes this time of year and a snow machine when hunting Murphy Dome this time of year.

Good luck

Default bunnies

well i have heard good things about moose creek areaa for rabbits. never hunted there but a few guys in my platoon have. good luck