Thread: Ski Doo Mini Z

Default Ski Doo Mini Z

Bought a used mini Z Sunday!! Should have been posted as a fixer upper as the darkness and little flashlight showed little what was really wrong with it. Trail arm had been welded and was still bent which was why it sat kilted to one side(which couldnt tell until you sat on a level surface). A dog chewed on hand grips and windshield. Gas tank leaks through rubber at fuel pick up point and one ski is alot ruffer than the other. the front bumper is bent and its missing the air filter completely i found out today.

Still all is good as we have pounded trail arm, so now it sets level again, ordered new front skis, fixed leaak in gas tank, replaced hand grips with a set i had laying around, cut winshield down a couple inches and polished to new look, and ordered brake system which was really all that i knew was wrong with it at sale, also ordered rear limiter strap as the other one is pretty worn.

Daughter loves it!! before all the fixin she rode it around without brakes and she will be crazy in love once i get all the parts in and it will look new, almost accept i dont want to spend $80? for a new bumper. I paid $700 so it was still worth the $350 i put into it!!

Still looking for a good, non fixer upper trail sled for wife and other daughter. Probably will buy new as i dont want any problems with wifes ride at all.

Default Polaris 120

Got a used XC120 for my daughter couple years back. She still crashed it daily last year. Be sure your's always has a brain-bucket on and a safe wide open place to run it around for awhile until she gets REALLY comfortable. Mine ran off a small (about a foot) slope which scared her, made her grab the handlebar even tighter, which of course floored the puppy! She was smart enough to dive off as it ran up a small hill and, without her on it, flew into the base of a tree.

I'll be sure to post notices when she turns 16 and gets a driver's license.

Anyway, been a good, tough sled but a prior owner put an aftermarket rear sprocket on that didn't match the stock #40 chain. Had trouble keeping the chain on until I drilled the rivets off the cover and opened that up to see what was up. Have had to replace a broken ski, new clutch, front bumper, and of course the rear sprocket. I recommend www.recmotor.com for parts at good prices and good knowhow on the little sleds.
    Put a handwarmer kit on it last week as she constantly complains of cold hands. Just have to be sure to run it awhile before turning them on as these sleds don't put out much juice.

Hand warmers, good idea, hasnt crossed my mind yet but i know the subject would have come up.. i had to cut down some atv grips to replace the chewed ones and didnt even think of heated till your post.. Have to look into that.

wish i had 12k to buy skidoos 2-3up sled GTX i think it is?

Default clutch sparks

the cluth sparks like electricity or something? is this normal?

anyone know?

appreciate any info, and where would a guy take a sled to get it checked out. I know dealer is an option, but $ is pretty steep. Is there a small engine mechanic around that someone has used seen as how The engine is a lawn mower engine. Or whats a good recommendation..

Thanks
    Dennis