Thread: Pocket shelters

Somewhere between lucky and extremely lucky

Default Pocket shelters

I was just curious if anyone has any experience with any particular pocket shelters. I am looking at the OR pocket shelter specifically. I want something that is ridiculously light, can hold 2 people, and can shed weather reasonably well. Any suggestions/experiences would be helpful.

i have heard good things about the nighthaven, haven't read anything about the lighthaven. golite makes some similar products, check them out.

Default sil

Im not sure if it falls under pocket shelter status but the ID silshelter is a sil tarp big enough for two. I never pitched a tent this summer and used it in tandem with Ti Ptamigan bivy, I think the total package came in just over a pound.

Not quite "pocket", but this one works for me: http://www.msrgear.com/tents/twinsisters.asp
    The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps! (Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945)

I bought a Tarptent "Double Rainbow", but haven't tried it yet. It's very light & sleeps two, but I'd consider it to be a lightweight tent, not a pocket shelter. Another brand to try is Six Moon Designs.

One problem with many ultalight shelters is condensation. It's important to find one that has decent ventilation.
    Tsimshian tribe, wolf clan, the house of Walsk.