Thread: My New R-15 :D

Default My New R-15 :D

A couple weeks ago I picked up this R-15 in 223 topped it with a Burris FF2 4.5-14x42mm and RRA high rise rings and mount. Pretty sweet setup. I added the ambi safety and still need to install the winter trigger guard. The ol Stevens will have to do some sitting for awhile.

Here's a group at 100 yards with 55gr FMJ's. I've heard awful stories of the terrible Remington trigger but I didn't find it that bad at all.

Sweet looking rifle. I looked at a few R-15's, but I decided on a 16" heavy barrel, chambered in 5.56.

Still deciding on a scope for mine. With the floating handguard, do you know the easiest way to mount a harris bipod?

Default Bipod

Quote Originally Posted by GWH View Post
    Sweet looking rifle. I looked at a few R-15's, but I decided on a 16" heavy barrel, chambered in 5.56.

Still deciding on a scope for mine. With the floating handguard, do you know the easiest way to mount a harris bipod?
    A Harris bipod should mount to the sling swivel on the handguard. It SHOULD NOT be mounted to the barrel.
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

Wow, purdy.....

Where did you buy the scope? I'm still looking for one to sit on top of mine...

I bought the scope at Boondock for $424