Thread: fish tote

Default fish tote

does anyone know where I can get an insulated fish tote? I'm looking for the type you see at a processorers. thanks for any info

try arctic wire rope & supply in anchorage they have regular fish totes but i don't know about the insulated ones, what i do know is the insulated ones ain't cheap. If they can't help you try calling one of the fish processors in cordova or seward and they should be able to tell you where to get them. the brand name is either bonar or saeplast and the website is www.promens.com

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

Default on the net...

Type in a keyword search of insulated tote bags and a plethora of products will come flying out at you...

Rosenberg/Florida
    "Two decades researching and defining fishing opportunities in the Last Frontier!"

Sunk, potbuilder is correct, they AIN'T cheap (especially the insulated variety).

Depending on where you live your best bet is gonna be to call processors/canneries (If you are near Anchorage try Favco maybe 10th & M Seafoods, possibly Sagaya). I'd definitely call around to places like Icicle Seafoods (Seward) or google up Trident Seafoods and Peter Pan Seafoods for starters.

(Bernie Insulated Fish Totes and Insulated Tote Bags have about as much in common as a Conex and a Picnic Basket, just an FYI)

Good luck Sunk.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

Default thanks

thanks for the help everyone. I figured an insulated tote would be pricey, but it seems like it may be worth it for dipnetting.

Sunk,
    You must dip net a lot of fish if your going to need one of those big totes?? I'm going to guess and say one will cost about $500. Thats a lot of coolers from walmart!!!

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

Quote Originally Posted by potbuilder View Post
    Sunk,
    You must dip net a lot of fish if your going to need one of those big totes?? I'm going to guess and say one will cost about $500. Thats a lot of coolers from walmart!!!
    Not to mention they aren't the easiest things to maneuver on flat, solid ground, let alone on sand, dirt, mud, etc.

Best of luck tho'.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

Usually there are three familys working out of the boat going for reds on the Kenai. If the fish are in the big tote is nice even though it crowds the deck. The tote we use now is not insulated and it would be nice to keep the fish colder on the drive back to the interior.

You will probably want to look into what is called a 1/2 tote (insulated). About 3 years ago a Bonar 500 lb tote (67.3 gals) inside diameter of 35"x19"x23 and with overall outside diameter if 42"x24"x28" cost approx $300 without shipping. You can call DACO at 800-345-3226 and ask for a dealer in your area.

Try filling a regular tote with used milk jugs filled with frozen water, keeps the fish very cold, they do not leak, they are free and reusable! A soilid block of ice stays much colder longer than ice cubes or gel ice.