Thread: For The Purist - Marlin Cross-Bolt Saftey Replacement Kit

Default For The Purist - Marlin Cross-Bolt Saftey Replacement Kit

For all you guys who still like it simple and straight forward when facing dangerous game or just detest the Cross bolt in you Marlin. Here is a link to get the kit to replace it.

http://www.leverguns.com/articles/ta...olt_safety.htm
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

Tying off a piece of 30lb mono on the left side of the safety works well too.

Default Safety!?

Thanks for sharing. I had a gun smith get rid of the safeties on my 2 Marlins. I detest them.

Hey! If I look thru this empty beer bottle, I think I can see Russia from here!!!

That is a cool kit and I have been meaning to get a couple. I did see another deal where a guy made his own but he also drilled and threaded the left side to accept a modified Winchester saddle ring……….
    “You’ve gotten soft. You’re like one of those police dogs who’s released in to the wild and gets eaten by a deer or something.” Bill McNeal of News Radio

A 1/4 inch externial snap ring for the auto store (about .20 cents) will fit the cross bolt safety to deactivate it.

338 mag you are more than welcome, and Alangag I think they are cool also and the Marlin sure looks good with the replacement kit.

A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS