Thread: question: routine maint. parts?

Question question: routine maint. parts?

i live in the south part of anchorage and am wondering...where is the best place to buy routine maint. parts like an in-line injection oil filter and a fuel filter? How about injection oil?

i am going thru the recommended seasonal maintenance on my "new" 1998 Skandic 380, and with it being my first machine i would appreciate your input on the above. FYI, i searched the threads here and found a general list of routine maint. items and based on it i have opened the chain case and drained the oil, and replaced the oil with synthetic 75-90W lube, so that part is done.

i am excited to get my machaine out and do some pike fishing thru the ice, and my young kids are excited to simply get the machine out and ride on a trail somewhere...good thing the machine is a 2-up!

thanks in advance

Synthetic 75-90? What's that?

Default ski-doo parts

If you have the time drive to Eagle river and buy the parts from Team CC, they should be cheaper than AKMDS, and they should have them in stock, but it is always a good idea to call first. For buying injection oil, thats a HUGE debate regardless of what you buy or where you buy. you get what ya pay for. Amsoil, blue marble, and the ski-doo oil will all work well in that machine.

Mr. PID, the answer to your question: synthetic 75-90W lube is the highest quality oil used in car/truck differentials.

TBLOOMA, thanks for the tip on team CC. i know my machine was originally purchased from them. does AKMDS stand for alaska mining and diving?

Berto,

Synthetic chaincase oil is WAY thinner than automotive gear oil. You can buy it at Go Pro or any of the dealers. I use Torco myself for no reason other than it's what was on the shelf. I'd be wary of what you used.

Mr. PID thanks for the heads up, but believe it or not the synthetic version of automotive 75-90W has a viscosity similar to water so it is much "more runny" than you are picturing. i know for certain it will be better than the black oil the original owner of this machine left in there ! based on your heads up i will do some checking around to make sure the substitution i made will be okay.