Thread: Gunsmith needed

Default Gunsmith needed

I need some contact info for a gunsmith in Fairbanks. My wife tried to call the two gunsmiths listed in the Fairbanks phone book and she could not get an answer.

I tried to complete some DIY trigger work and I ended up breaking a nut off.

All I really need done is the trigger assembly replaced with a timmony trigger on two Winchester Model 70 rifles.

I am deployed otherwise I would do this myself. I have a hunt as soon as I get back from Iraq, so my wife will be dropping the guns off.

Thanks in advance for the help guys.

Default Gunsmith

Downunder Guns (Gary Junk), right behind the new Safeway on Airport Way can do that for you. She may have not received an answer because he is closed on Monday's.

Default wait

Right guy and location, wrong shop. Down under is gone. You are thinking Arctic Gun Works http://arcticgunworks.com/

You're absolutely right! Must have been a senior moment! Gary is at Arctic Gun Works.

I'll second Gary at Arctic Gun Works, he has done a lot of work for me over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaCub View Post
    I'll second Gary at Arctic Gun Works, he has done a lot of work for me over the years.
    x2...he does good work.