Thread: Back from Hawaii and back after the sea ducks!!

Default Back from Hawaii and back after the sea ducks!!

Chased a few birds around in the salt this morning and had a blast. Just a little two hour scouting trip for some hunts that are coming up in the next couple weeks.

Looking good man! How's that Mergie gonna taste?

I don't know? He only died b/c he was full plumed and I need one for the wall!

Yeah, they arnt bad looking birds when plumed out. I'd like to get a Hooded Merganser drake for the wall...

About to kick off the sea-duckin down here. Just have to get the boat over to get the new engine put on...Should be end of week or so and we'll be cookin with kerosene

Never seen a hooded around these parts. Only the commons and red breasted. Back in my home state of South Carolina the hooded mergansers fly around like gnats down in the salt marshes. They're literally everywhere!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ring King View Post
    Never seen a hooded around these parts. Only the commons and red breasted. Back in my home state of South Carolina the hooded mergansers fly around like gnats down in the salt marshes. They're literally everywhere!!
    I usually see a few down here in Juneau every year. They seem to prefer the lakes over the salt, and migrate out pretty early..

Default hot juno action

Birds have been coming into the decoys pretty good lately. Got a few more hens on Sunday than I would normally like but, that was what was coming in. Nice to see you are back in town causing trouble Jake.

Already nailed a few people too....