Thread: Weather bulletin hades frozen solid!

Default Weather bulletin hades frozen solid!

Well looks like a very kind and generous friend is going to make it possible for me to get a snow machine! A boat with a motor and now a sled without dogs in the same year! I truly have gone wimpy and given in to the dark side.

BTW 1988 ski doo tundra needs a very small repair and it will be good to go!

So......................anybody want too PM me some trail recommendations? A place not far away but great for a family outing perhaps? Anyone want to go for a ride mid week next week? (Have to finish the out building this week or suffer the wrath of "She who must be obeyed"! I really have been working on it too long.)

PS say Hi instead of flipping me off when you pass on the trail because I'm doing 30mph.
    BHA Member
    Bowyer to the forces of light in the land of the midnight sun.
    The 3 fold way: Every step we take as we walk through life effects, our family, our comunity and ourselves. One should walk thoughtfuly.

Speaking of repairs... I need to get the old 96 couger out and put some new plugs and a new belt in it. Congrats on the new sled!! Now I can't wait to see some pics of the new rig and a yote you manage to poke with one of those fancy stick bows!

Rick,

You maybe going 30 and get passed on the trails, but you will drive circles around the others when they are stuck off the trail.

Those sleds are great for what you want it for. You and your family will have a blast.

Default Congrats Rick

There are a number of us out there that have older sleds. Who's got the kind of money they want for the new ones?! Anyway, the old ones do OK, and the Tundras were great machines.

You never did give us a run-down on your boat fixer-upper.

Rick, I might be interested in heading out this weekend. It would be nice to get out and try out my old machine too. Give me a call one afternoon.
    It ain't about the # of pounds of meat we bring back, nor about how much we spent to go do it. Its about seeing what no one else sees.

http://wouldieatitagainfoodblog.blogspot.com/

Sayak
    Due to a shortage of funds and the discovery of a broken rib the boat is on hold till spring. The sled however won't need as much work.

Garnede
    Will do, wonder if we could get to that obsidian spot on them?
    BHA Member
    The 3 fold way: Every step we take as we walk through life effects, our family, our comunity and ourselves. One should walk thoughtfuly.

LuJon

There are several winter hunts that just popped onto my list and a couple of spots on the Denali hyw I've always wanted to see in winter.

Delta moose hunting is looking really good right now.
    BHA Member

Wink HA! that's funny!!!

NO WAY will you be doing 30 mph......
    of course, you will never be stuck for more that a minute and a half, either
    Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"
    http://www.alaskabackcountryhunters.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Rick P View Post
    LuJon

There are several winter hunts that just popped onto my list and a couple of spots on the Denali hyw I've always wanted to see in winter.

Delta moose hunting is looking really good right now.
    Hook up with a partner (on an equally pokey sled of course) and take the trip all the out to Maclaren Lodge. It's a great ride from Cantwell. Nice place and reasonable. Alan and Suzie are great hosts. You can hunt fox and coyote on your way there, and back...maybe even see a wuff or a wufferine. (I usually do, of course no rifle)

Welcome to your new winter addiction

Eric
    That's one of the trips I'm very much looking forward to, along with a little ice fishing. I don't think it's the sled that is poky. In fact Dave's right I seem to have two speeds, stopped and 65!

I'm having a blast with the sled just hope I can get the out building done quick so I can get out a play! I keep looking for reasons to ride it, "no no Honey I'll just take the sled down and get the mail."
    BHA Member

Garnede

Your phone and I are not getting along. been trying to reach you for 3 days bro!
    BHA Member