Thread: Denali Highway snow?

Default Denali Highway snow?

How's the snow on the Denali Highway? Taking possesion of two brand new Polaris 550 transports to get into my lodge up there, and am hoping to make the trip over Thanksgiving to do some more work. I probably will leave Friday early morning from Kenai. Arrive at Cantwell around 4pm, and try to run in the 68 miles. Of course, I'll have to go see Al and Susie at the McLaren while I'm up there. They are great people, and the food is the best!

Looking forward to snow reports, and I sure welcome anyone that wants to make the run with me. I have 8 rooms, 14 beds, and two cabins for anyone to stay at. No charge as it's not fully up and running, and you'll have to pack your own food, as I will to.

Thanks in advance for the advice and help!

Claude
    Experience Real Alaska! www.alpinecreeklodge.com

Went by your place last week spent several nights at Maclaren River. Plenty of snow more than last year on the same weekend.
    Tim

That is a pretty good location for your lodge. Killed a bunch of caribou and grizzies on the hills behind your place. Used to be a few sheep there as well, but I haven't seen any in recent years; Have you? Have fun on the hauling.

Default sheep and snow

Mit, thanks for the note on the snow! Sounds like I'll be able to make the trek. Checked in with Al and Susie before they went on vacation. I think they should be getting back soon, so I'm looking forward to thier trip report, and how things are going for them.

Akres, yeah, I love the location of the place. I've been hunting out of the gravel pit at mile 62 for the last 8 years, and that place was the only private property I could find available on the entire Denali Highway. Turns out to be a perfect location for the things I like to do... now if I can just get others to think so to, maybe I can make it year round up there.

The hunting is great in the area. I've taken some griz's, and lots of moose over the years. Missed a really nice blackie last year. And on the sheep report, I've heard they were there at times, but never seen them until this year. There was a real nice band of 5 rams that showed up above the lodge in that valley.

Thanks for the notes and help!
    Experience Real Alaska! www.alpinecreeklodge.com