Thread: New Boat

Default New Boat

Headed down to Oregon to pic up the new Willie Predator on the 5th. Well it's actually used, an 2008 with 18 hrs on the 200 sport jet. 3/16 bottom 30" sides and all the bells and whistles. I'm also picking up the UHMW for the bottom in Washington. The money i'm saving on the UHMW pays for the trip, $300 for a .5X48X120" sheet verses $640 in Alaska. I also picked up an ESPAR heater kit for $875. I'm hoping The UHMW project keeps me busy till spring because i'm already chomping at the bit to get it wet and haven't acually layed eyes on it. There's alot of good deals to be had down south especially with gas prices falling makes it affordable for a guy to take a road trip.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default couple more pics

couple more pics

Default ok last two

ok last two

Chugiak, Alaska, United States, United States

Default congrads

nice looking boat.

Default Nice looking boat...

was wondering where U got the Espar heater and what size U went with.

Default espar

I went with the D2. Found it on ebay this guy buys them by the pallet, thats why there so cheap. Do a search on ebay for Espar Airtronic D2 Heater COMPLETE KIT, BRAND NEW and you'll find them.

How are you gonna attatch the uhmw?

Default screw it

I'm going to drill and tap the bottom then use 5/16" counter sunk bolts with rubber backed washers and nylock nuts for most and 3/8" bolts around the jet unit and keel. It's how most of the Canadian built boats are done. It will be a chore but I think it will pay off in the end.

So you will pull the floors and gas tank out and attatch to the existing structure... I admire your enthusiasm to tackle it. What's the sheet weigh?

yup, everthing will have to come out. I'm even going to pull the motor just to make it lighter on my rafters. My plan to hang the boat in the garage instead of flipping it upside down. This as the info I recieved from Plastic Supply, Inc. in Tacoma the .5 x 48 x 120 UHMW Black repro - $ 300.00 each Wt per sheet = 100 lbs.

Thumbs up

Good lookin boat, I think you'll be very happy with the efficiency and power of the optimax.

Default Uhmw

I just bought a 1/2" sheet of UHMW from CAC in Wasilla. They have a system of pre-drilling the plastic with a special spade bit. After you drill all the holes you install a flanged aluminum fitting into the hole and spot weld the fitting to the aluminum hull. I'm going to try it out on my airboat next week. I hope it works as well as they say, because it would sure be great not to drill and tap a couple hundred holes in my boat. I'll let you know how it works out.

How much did they charge you for a sheet

Quote Originally Posted by bowstud View Post
    I just bought a 1/2" sheet of UHMW from CAC in Wasilla. They have a system of pre-drilling the plastic with a special spade bit. After you drill all the holes you install a flanged aluminum fitting into the hole and spot weld the fitting to the aluminum hull. I'm going to try it out on my airboat next week. I hope it works as well as they say, because it would sure be great not to drill and tap a couple hundred holes in my boat. I'll let you know how it works out.

Default Pics

Do you have any pics of the system that they are using? Any info or claims about the holding power vs. bolts. I do like the sounds of a boat that doesn't have a couple hundred holes in the bottom of it What is the cost comparison?

Hello,

I'm wondering how this worked out for you and who is CAC in wasilla?