Thread: ice?

Default ice?

just got back from the slope can yall give me any ice thickness info? for the valley and north of it any body driving on big lake yet? thank you

Kepler bradley lakes had 9-11 inches on them last weekend. Havent ventured further North yet.

Default yup

Ice near shore on Big Lake Monday was 12". People were driving across from the South campground. This chicken's gonna wait a week or two to drive around on it. Where I was typically has a few more inches of ice than whats in the middle of the lake. Plenty for riding a sled or fishing on, though!

Yup most lakes got 10-12" so I'm jazzed. Been catching some nice trout recently, gotta go me a fat Northern soon.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

just put the shack on lake louise 12 inchs of ice 2 inchs of snow on the ice

Default Seymour Lake in the Valley

Fished this lake this morning. Solid 13 inches of ice. Probably enought to drive on. But I think I will wait to drive on the lakes also.

Chugiak, Alaska, United States, United States

10 inches on lower fire lake today. not even a nibble but i got to test out the sled.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Fished Lalen lake this morning. Caught 3 fat trout, let them all go. Didn't have my camera except on my phone so I did get a few pics. Very nice fish; about 11" of ice.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

nice sled akrat how much clearance she got?

Chugiak, Alaska, United States, United States

it has about 7 inches from the bottom of the 2 x 4s. i got the clips from a hanger job we are doing and the price was just right . i have an old cooler that was on the swim step of the boat that i might also convert to more of a day sled with the other set of skis that i have. this one is a little heavy, more for overnighters.