Thread: Kahr CW series

Default Kahr CW series

I've heard good things about Kahr pistols and have been reading about their lower lever CW series and was curious what everyone thought about them?

I'm interested in a 9mm, but they come in 40 sw and 45 acp also.

Haven't heard anything bad about them. They have button rifled barrels as opposed to polygonal on their regular models. Also use a few MIM parts instead of machined steel. Quite a bit cheaper on price, about $429 compared to $639. The thing I have never understood about these is why the price is so high. Kahr's are good guns, but they are not so different than about 80% of the plastic guns, yet they are about 40% higher priced. No safety either. I really do like their weight and have heard that they are relatively accurate. I may break down and get one of the 9's or a 40.

I have PM9 and love it, 1000+ rounds through it so far without malfunction. The reason that they are more expensive than say a Glock or Springfield XD is volume of sales. Each of those manufacturers probably sells 100 guns for every one Kahr does, so they can afford to keep their prices lower.
    Anything worth fighting for is worth fighting dirty for.

Default Cw 40

I picked up a CW40 this spring. After the 1st outing I did take it to the gunsmith & had him do what he could to make the 1st shot a little smoother. It seemed like it was a little to much waiting & wondering before the 1st shot went off but now its fine. Unfortunately I don't shoot it as much as I would like.
    The guy @ RC range here who is familiar with Kahrs liked it after the work was done as well & it is fairly accurate gun.
    I would like to add crimson trace after x-mas ( with help from the wife) & I would like to find a good chest holster to wear when for walking / biking the trails during salmon season. Othewise no complaints so far.

I had a CW 40 last winter. It had several failures to go into battery and shot 3 feet low at ten yards. I sent it back to Kahr and they put a new barrel in it. That seemed to correct the problems, but I sold it. I didn't feel that I could trust it as a concealed carry pistol.

I had a K9 that was great. Accurate and NEVER failed!!!