Thread: LET THERE BE KINGS - 2008 in review (dial-up beware!)

Default LET THERE BE KINGS - 2008 in review (dial-up beware!)

I assembled a photo montage of the year in review. Too many king pics to put in one post on this board, but they can be viewed on a popular board down south.

Dial-up beware before clicking here
    "Let every angler who loves to fish think what it would mean to him to find the fish were gone." Zane Grey
    http://www.piscatorialpursuits.com/uploads/UP12710.jpg
    The KeenEye MD

Default Pics

Great pics...Doc, what camera do you use? Great clarity, focus and colors!!

Talking It would appear, sir...

...that you ARE the King!

Or at least in line for the throne.
    Live life and love it
    Love life and live it

Man Doc do my kids love your pictures. Thats one great year. Cant wait to slide on down into 2009,.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunt-n-Fish View Post
    Great pics...Doc, what camera do you use? Great clarity, focus and colors!!
    I personally use on OLD Pentax OPTIO 43WR. Waterproof at 4 megapixels. Most of the WA pics were taken with that camera. It was discontinued a few years back and replaced with successive versions up to 7 megapixels, none of which can consistently take a well-focused pic like my old one. Unfortunately my trusty 43WR is beginning to hiccup more and more often, is no loger waterproof since I dropped it with the battery door open, and I am currently looking for a replacement.

The pics of the biggest Kenai king were taken with fishook's camera, so he can post what make/model it is... it sure took some pretty sweet pics for a 4 MP digicam!

Most of the other nice Kenai king pics were taken with Charholio's camera, an Olympus 1030SW. It's waterproof, shockproof, freezeproof, crushproof at 10 MP. I believe that's probably going to be my next digicam as well.
    "Let every angler who loves to fish think what it would mean to him to find the fish were gone." Zane Grey
    The KeenEye MD

Quote Originally Posted by fishNphysician View Post
    I personally use on OLD Pentax OPTIO 43WR. Waterproof at 4 megapixels. Most of the WA pics were taken with that camera. It was discontinued a few years back and replaced with successive versions up to 7 megapixels, none of which can consistently take a well-focused pic like my old one. Unfortunately my trusty 43WR is beginning to hiccup more and more often, is no loger waterproof since I dropped it with the battery door open, and I am currently looking for a replacement.

The pics of the biggest Kenai king were taken with fishook's camera, so he can post what make/model it is... it sure took some pretty sweet pics for a 4 MP digicam!

Most of the other nice Kenai king pics were taken with Charholio's camera, an Olympus 1030SW. It's waterproof, shockproof, freezeproof, crushproof at 10 MP. I believe that's probably going to be my next digicam as well.
    All my photos were taken with an old Olympus Stylus 310. If the new cameras are any where near as bulletproof you can't go wrong.
    Mine is not freeze proof, shock proof and only water resistant, but in the 5 years I have owned it it has been dropped, and submerged to a depth of 6 feet, run submerged through a class 1 shute and none the worse for it.

P.S. the two dunkings happened while it was attached to me!!!!
    The camera made out better than I did.

Hey FNP-

Do you fish anywhere else in Alaska other that just the Kenai?

Any other rivers?

(Just curious..)

Anymore, if I'm chasin' kings, most of my time is spent on the big river. Still undecided on whether a trip to the Kenai is in the works for 2009, or if I should take a break this year and do a selfish trip to the Kanektok to finally baptise my Spey stick on a king instead.

That said, I've had a chance to fish kings in most of the popular road-accessible rivers in southcentral.... Homer Spit, Anchor, Deep Creek Ninilchik, Cook Inlet, Kasilof, Ship, Eagle River, Eklutna, Little Su, Willow, Caswell, Sheep, Goose, Montana, Gulkana. Best memories for me still come from Ninilchik River in the late 70's and early 80's.

Been to the Nush for my one and only fly-out.

Never fished the Deshka proper, but maybe sheep man can fix that for me one of these days.
    The KeenEye MD

Ohhh, 6 months to go, but here is a great day from 2008
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIHdmzZNAfk

Default WOW

That puts my King season to shame

Nice pics!
    Alaska Outdoors Television ~ Outdoor Channel