Thread: looking for advice

Default looking for advice

Hello to all and thanks for reading this post. Just found this Forum and am happy to join. I was a long time member of a similar forum outside and found it to be a great way to learn and meet folks.

Moved to AK last March from the UP of Michigan. With the colder weather, I am itching to get out on the ice. I have a lot of experience with walleye and lake trout ice fishing and have all the equipment including power auger, Otter sled/tent, vexilar, cam and lots of small jigging spoons, etc. Also have a snowmachine.

You all know the saying "so much water, so little time", so am looking for some basic pointers about the better lakes to try for rainbows, dollies, lakers and whatever is biting. I live in Anchorage and am willing to drive to better water.

Really appreciate any tips you might offer. Have not met any ice fishing fanatics yet, perhaps this forum will provide that opportunity.
    regards,
    PJC

You might give Red Shirt Lake in the Mat-Su Valley a try for Pike. Have got some big ones there in the past. They like herring or shrimp.
    Ryan Tollefsen
    Prudential Jack White Vista Real Estate

Alaska Real Estate
    Anchorage Real Estate

Default Tril open?

Anyone know if the trail to Red Shirt Lake is open yet?

Quote Originally Posted by sayak View Post
    Anyone know if the trail to Red Shirt Lake is open yet?
    No, I don't think so. How far is it back into Red Shirt?
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

pm sent...

Nancy Lake has a healthy population of pike these days. Long Lake is a good destination for char, trout and burbot. Finger Lake is always hot but you will never be alone on that lake. The kepler Bradley Lake system offers a good mixed bag of fishing. Alot of fish in the Lakes. Sometimes its tough to get through the little ones to get to the big ones but they are really nice spots to fish. If the lil su and fish creek are froze up flat horn lake is a prime spot for big pike. I ran my 4 wheeler out there all winter last year.