Thread: Too Excited To Sleep!

Default Too Excited To Sleep!

Tomorrow morning, bright and early, I'm heading out to the calling grounds for a couple quick DJ seasons and afterwards I'll be setting up snares until sunset. Good luck to everyone with their calling and trapping season this winter.

go get'um and post up some pics with the catch
    LOVE MY LITTLE SKULL CLEANERS

I bagged a small coyote today pics to come.

Default Yah!

Good job Grem! Did you get him in a set or with you're rifle?

I shot this yote at 75 yards with a Stevens 200 223 loaded with Sierra 55gr FMJ over 27gr's of 748. The bullet made a super tiny entry wound and a dime sized hole upon exit. The coyote made two spins, fell over, kicked for a couple seconds and then it was lights out. I'd say the FMJ did the job quite nicely, and it helps my Stevens is the most accurate gun I own. Not bad for a $250 rifle.

It's kind of funny, I've spent considerable amount of my free time over the past three years researching predators, reading books, browsing numerous forums, bought a nice ecaller, winter camo coverups, waking up super early on cold mornings to go call and I accidentally run into this yote in an open field when I spontaneously decided to head back to the parking lot.

I only put up two snares in seven hours. I didn't see much sign at all and the valley seemed lifeless, thats until I saw this coyote. K9 season is quite long so I'll add more snares during each trip on top of sign. That's the plan anyways.

Default Good for you!!

Nice dog Grem, it's funny how things work out, I got my first ever going to get the paper???

It pays to have the gun with you all the time. My .22 mag with be with me on every trip this winter.

NICE. I haven't even been to the range yet having been on a 12 day straight work schedule. Congrats though. Hopefully next weekend!
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Thumbs up

I don't know anyone more deserving the WG! The time and effort spent looking for those critters................CONGRATS!!!! Watch, next time out, 2 fox and 3 wolves...............it can happen. Awesome score!!

FINALLY, I'm done with the hide. The ears, lips, nose, and feet are turned and the tail bone is out but I didn't flesh the hide. I am not pleased with the yote I took to knights for a tan job so I'll see if Alpha Furs can do better.

Quote Originally Posted by Water_Gremlin View Post
    FINALLY, I'm done with the hide. The ears, lips, nose, and feet are turned and the tail bone is out but I didn't flesh the hide. I am not pleased with the yote I took to knights for a tan job so I'll see if Alpha Furs can do better.

Congrats thats a nice yote... What do you guess that thing weighs?

It was a female that I guessed to be around 25lbs. I didn't weigh her on a scale but she was definately heavier than 20lbs but didn't quite feel like a 30lbs dog so I split the difference. Can you imagine 50lbs coyotes are occasionaly taken in the states.

Alpha did a wolf for me a couple yars ago, and I was very pleased both with the price and quality.