Thread: Absence of .223 ammo in Fairbanks?

Default Absence of .223 ammo in Fairbanks?

I went out to get some .223 ammo today and after going to 3 stores it was obvious there was none to be had. Is this due to the election, folks buying up all ammo and and AR parts and guns? Or is it just that time of year? I was going to ask in Frontier Outfitters but they were busy busy busy. Any thoughts?

Boondocks had some PMC last week at 418 per case, Ammo can had it at 400 per case, 1000 rd cases.

Election, everything is getting bought up.

Default Ammo

There are about 3K rounds of Brown Bear Ammo at Alaska Guns and Ammo. When that is gone you are going to be out of luck.

I can say one great thing about Fairbanks. We love our guns like our children.

I think the most disturbing thing that I have seen is the almost complete buy out of Sportsman's Warehouse ammo. It is almost scary.

I wish you the best of luck.

Sincerely,

Thomas

Default wow

I knew Hi capacity mags, and assault rifles would would be hard to come by but I didn't even think that ammo would be so hard to get. Guess Ill look online, and conserve what I have for now. Thanks for the insight.

<Sniff> I miss Fairbanks and the interior.
    Now what ?

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by byrd_hntr View Post
    I went out to get some .223 ammo today and after going to 3 stores it was obvious there was none to be had. Is this due to the election, folks buying up all ammo and and AR parts and guns?.......
    It's kinda' like fuel............somebody doesn't want you to have any.

I knew Hi capacity mags, and assault rifles would would be hard to come by but I didn't even think that ammo would be so hard to get. Guess Ill look online, and conserve what I have for now. Thanks for the insight.
    stock up on everything bro, if it's on the shelf in the gun store they are coming after it. Then learn how to make it and stock pile the materials.

I've been meaning to give The Ammo Guy out in healy a call. He's probably wiped out too

Thank god i bought a lot of reloading supplies in oct. now if only sportsmans would get more primers lol

I had heard that there was a rush to buy stuff after the election, but I had no idea how bad it was until yesterday. I went to SW and Frontier Outfitters. No rifle or large pistol primers to be found, no IMR 4831, 4064, or most other powders, no factory loads for 30-30, 30-06, 357, no brass for any of the above. No 22's except for hollow points and CBs. Found one box of Interbonds for my 30-30 and one box of 35 Whelen factory loads that I didn't really need, but bought for the brass. Fortunately, I'm pretty well set for awhile on components, but I'll probably pick up a few more things if I see them.
    Hopefully, all of this fear will turn out to be unfounded, but I don't have any particular confidence in that.

HOPEFULLY this will turn out like some of the other runs in years past on ammo, primers and powder. Here in the "frontier" (Memphis, TN), all the common self defense ammo is gone (223, 9mm, 40 SW). The lines at the gun stores were unbelievable. Every semi auto and high capacity gun was flying off the shelves.

Even the catalog companies are short of that type of ammo.

HOPEFULLY, the new prez will keep his mouth shut about gun control and everyone will calm down. Then the rest of us can go back to the shops and expect to see ammo at normal prices and quantities!

Default Hurry!

Frontier Outfitters has some in stock but I wouldn't dilly dally...

Cases of Wolf (1000)
    20 rds of PMC
    100 rds of Magtec (I think)
    and 250 rds of Ultramax

Guy down there said they just stocked the shelves this morning and they were more than half empty when I was down there at 6:30.

byrd

Guy down there said they just stocked the shelves this morning and they were more than half empty when I was down there at 6:30.

byrd
    Ya and yesterday morning they told me they were getting primers in yesterday afternoon. I didn't make it back until today at 1 and they were all gone. They said half of them sold and then one guy came in and bought all the rest last night.

Default 9mm & 223

Stopped by Boondocks today (Thursday) looks like they got a shipment in of 9mm and 223. maybe 100 cases of each.....Well less now that I stopped by
    Fish IT! Hunt IT! or *#%@ IT!

Ammo:

I had 20,000 rounds of 7.62x39 on Tuesday, 2,000 yesterday

I had 20,000 rounds of 223 on Tuesday, maybe 2,000 today

I got Tuesday 26,000 rounds of 308 in battle packs and split it with my brother Niels at gunrunners (13K each)...I think I am down to 9K

I had 35,000 plus rounds of 9mm and its half gone. same with the 45.

rediculous.

On a related note I am negotiating for 50,000 CCI white box 41s and 34 primers. And ammo is heading for the barge as we speak including, 2000 rounds of 338 Lapua, hopefully 16,000 rounds of 5.7, confirmed 150,000 rounds of 223 and hopefully 50,000 rounds of 7.62x39.

Wildalaska
    What store are you from?
    akraven

We are having the same problems down here in Austin Texas. I can not find any IMR4064, H4896, or AA2520 powder. Primers for rifles and bullets seem to have disappeared off the selves. Sportsmanís is all cleaned out. They trickle in on their Tuesday truck and if you are not there; they are all gone by the next day. I shoot every Tuesday and this is making it hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildalaska View Post
    On a related note I am negotiating for 50,000 CCI white box 41s and 34 primers. And ammo is heading for the barge as we speak including, 2000 rounds of 338 Lapua, hopefully 16,000 rounds of 5.7, confirmed 150,000 rounds of 223 and hopefully 50,000 rounds of 7.62x39.
    If you are in fairbanks, I would just LOVE to get some of those #41 primers off of you. I havent been able to find them anywhere in town, even before the elections. Nobody seems to stock them.

Course, if you are in anchorage, im pretty sure all the guys up here would make it very worth your while to do an ammo run to fbks when all that comes in.

Just a thought.

Default Wildalaska?

Where is your store located, I would like to get some more ammo?
    Also...what are you asking for .223 and 7.62 cases?
    Thanks,
    BK