Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Alaska Outdoors Television on FOX TV

Default Alaska Outdoors Television on FOX TV

Dave, thanks for letting me post this!

With thumbs up from both Dave Johnson and Brian M - I would like to take this opportunity to formally introduce Alaska Outdoors Television (AKODTV) to the Alaska Outdoors Forum community.

AKODTV started back in 97’ as a mere concept I had to promote Alaska while working for others producing outdoor programming. In 2004 I decided it was time to proceed forward which is when I discovered the forum. Since then I’ve worked on developing the show in the background while gaining a better knowledge of today’s typical Alaskan outdoorsmen and what Alaskans would feel proud to have represent them to a nationally audience as the authentic Alaskan experience.

Raised as an Alaskan commercial fisherman I have seen the times change, regulations have come and gone and a few salmon streams I enjoyed fishing as a kid have all but gone dry. But one thing has not changed and that’s the passion and friendship that we share as hunters, anglers and extreme outdoor adventurists for Alaska. Although this first season of Alaska Outdoors Television has been produced on a shoe-string budget the message is the same. Get out and enjoy Alaska. Try new adventures and share those moments with friends. Some adventures you bag that record bull moose while other days are left to ones interpretations and fish stories. In the end however it’s the stories of the adventure, camaraderie and the memories we walk away with that we cherish forever.

This first season airs on FOX 4 KTBY-TV every Saturday at 5pm and repeats Sundays in random timeslots. These programs will air each weekend until the new season starts in October 2009. We expect the series will go national sometime in 2009. Each episode is 30 minutes long and focuses on DIY fishing and hunting trips as we don’t stay at 5-star lodges and typically guide ourselves. AKODTV is more about Alaskan storylines than a how-to series but occasionally the professional guys will lay out a few tips and tricks for getting around.

I look forward to producing the last 4 episodes of this season and welcome any and all of your comments as we are still shaping and tweaking the show to get it just right.

Best,
    Tim
    Alaska Outdoors Television
    Alaska Outdoors Television ~ Outdoor Channel

Default Woo Hoo

thanks for the info and update time. Looking forward to the shows. Im sure the members will have some thoughts to share here as you know they are not a shy bunch
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Thumbs up Just watched it

Very very good camera work and footage. Top knotch production and I will be tuning in for more shows thats for sure

Default Thanks!

Alaskachuck,

Thanks for the thumbs up! We’re trying to make this program about more than just two guys standing in a river fishing for 30-minutes. Always open to ideas or adventures you want to see done on TV. I really want to showcase Alaska and all the great hunting and fishing that's available and some of the other activities available like last nights spearfishing for lingcod. We're thinking about night diving for King Crab is SE Alaska.

Tim

Love the show- Not your normal show, I really like all the unique aspects of it. One thing I don't like, however, is how the camera kinda skips around alot- It'd be nice to see the action get focused on more.

Anything underwater is AWESOME- very rare to see whats underwater in Alaska

Maybe spearfishing salmon/halibut/rockfish on Kodaik? - thatd be great

keep up the cool ideas

Hopefully it will air on KCPQ in Seattle as that's the Fox feed i get on the satelite.

Thumbs up

ITs a great show. The diving this week was really cool even though I would never do it, it was very cool to see. Keep up the good work
    KLICKMAN

Quote Originally Posted by tdelarm View Post
    Alaskachuck,

Thanks for the thumbs up! We’re trying to make this program about more than just two guys standing in a river fishing for 30-minutes. Always open to ideas or adventures you want to see done on TV. I really want to showcase Alaska and all the great hunting and fishing that's available and some of the other activities available like last nights spearfishing for lingcod. We're thinking about night diving for King Crab is SE Alaska.

Tim
    Well you guys are on the right path for sure. I love the Idea of King Crab fishing in SE alaska also. the diving and spear fishing was very very entertaining. I am not a diver but loved the underwater footage. As another member stated you just dont see that up here often. Also a fish that gets no "props" is the Arctic Grayling. A show on them and the streams the live in and and how they survive and grow so slow in the Arctic would be nice. Plus a nice grayling stream usually makes for great camera shots for scenery also. Looking forward to more shows for sure

What about an episode for Surf casting for butts and rockfish???? THAT WOULD BE AWESOME- big fish like that from shore are just great

Maybe another on halibut fly fishin?

Great feedback guys! Thanks. We shot our pilot episode on fly fishing for salmon sharks, halibut and rockfish. Salmon sharks in PWS and rockfish/halibut out near Kayak Island. It will be an OK episode but I know we can do better. The edit on it should be done in time for air in a few weeks. Also caught some arctic char in the Aleutian Island episode but I’d like to focus on a char/grayling only episode. Halibuts are great on fly rods!

We just shot one show on steelhead in what’s believed to be as far north as you can catch them…or close to it but I’d like to give all the above another stab now that we have some time under our belt and been through the drill.

I was thinking of doing a long trip up the haul road fishing and hunting but I haven't got any good vibes yet? Summer/fall trip of course.

January 24th the entire series will be replayed again on Saturdays.

Haul road would be sweet but PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do a show on surfcasting AND DEFINATELY do more spearfishing! Kodiak would be a great place to spearfisH~

A show on the Norths mystery fish (Sheefish) would be pretty neat.

Quote Originally Posted by DRIFTER_016 View Post
    A show on the Norths mystery fish (Sheefish) would be pretty neat.

Shhhhh... We don't want to tell the whole world about those. At least until I catch some.

I have seen one sheep hunt and the spear fishing. I would love to see some surf casting and ice fishing. Outdoors shows rarely shoe Ice fishing but we have as much opportunity for ice fishing as open water fishing.
    It ain't about the # of pounds of meat we bring back, nor about how much we spent to go do it. Its about seeing what no one else sees.

http://wouldieatitagainfoodblog.blogspot.com/

Hey man, don't just sell to Alaska. We Alaskan wannabes need to see more of the great state of Alaska and even more than it has to offer! How about your show debuting in Arizona!

Chuck and Dave aka Drifter are my friends, so I must have some kind of pull? LOL!

Great show!

Tried to record the show Sunday, but it wasn't on when my cable guide said it would be. Caught some skiing instead, which ain't bad but isn't the same. I'll try again for Saturday...I'm a fishing show junky in the winters, so I'm really looking forward to seeing some local action!

Default Deployed, need a taste of AK

I'm deployed to Iraq. I'll do anything to get a little taste of Alaska now and then (like tying flies in my hooch). Is there anyway I can download episodes off the internet or order them on DVD?

All great ideas! We plan on covering as much as we can - Ice fishing…surf fishing…you got it. How about surf fishing for silvers down on the Lost Coast camping out on the black sand beaches? We tried this season for Sheefish but had to move that adventure over to the second season for various reasons so hopefully we will make it up there.

We’re looking into the possibilities of placing the TV series on the internet but we need to explore the pros/cons of doing this with the national cable networks first and if it would effect that distribution plan. We should know here pretty soon.

I do plan on making available the spearfishing episode on the internet as a temporary trial run. I’ll let you know the links for that.

Surf fishing combo for silvers/butts or rockfish would be sweet..... Id rather see butts than salmon though just IMO

Quote Originally Posted by tdelarm View Post
    I do plan on making available the spearfishing episode on the internet as a temporary trial run. I’ll let you know the links for that.
    I'm all ears

Tonights episode is King Fishing with a dash of Pike thrown in. It was a tough couple of days fishing but we lived through it and Jim Teeny was a lot of fun as always.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast