Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Alaska Outdoors Television on FOX TV

Default Alaska Outdoors Television on FOX TV

Dave, thanks for letting me post this!

With thumbs up from both Dave Johnson and Brian M - I would like to take this opportunity to formally introduce Alaska Outdoors Television (AKODTV) to the Alaska Outdoors Forum community.

AKODTV started back in 97í as a mere concept I had to promote Alaska while working for others producing outdoor programming. In 2004 I decided it was time to proceed forward which is when I discovered the forum. Since then Iíve worked on developing the show in the background while gaining a better knowledge of todayís typical Alaskan outdoorsmen and what Alaskans would feel proud to have represent them to a nationally audience as the authentic Alaskan experience.

Raised as an Alaskan commercial fisherman I have seen the times change, regulations have come and gone and a few salmon streams I enjoyed fishing as a kid have all but gone dry. But one thing has not changed and thatís the passion and friendship that we share as hunters, anglers and extreme outdoor adventurists for Alaska. Although this first season of Alaska Outdoors Television has been produced on a shoe-string budget the message is the same. Get out and enjoy Alaska. Try new adventures and share those moments with friends. Some adventures you bag that record bull moose while other days are left to ones interpretations and fish stories. In the end however itís the stories of the adventure, camaraderie and the memories we walk away with that we cherish forever.

This first season airs on FOX 4 KTBY-TV every Saturday at 5pm and repeats Sundays in random timeslots. These programs will air each weekend until the new season starts in October 2009. We expect the series will go national sometime in 2009. Each episode is 30 minutes long and focuses on DIY fishing and hunting trips as we donít stay at 5-star lodges and typically guide ourselves. AKODTV is more about Alaskan storylines than a how-to series but occasionally the professional guys will lay out a few tips and tricks for getting around.

I look forward to producing the last 4 episodes of this season and welcome any and all of your comments as we are still shaping and tweaking the show to get it just right.

Best,
    Tim
    Alaska Outdoors Television
    Alaska Outdoors Television ~ Outdoor Channel

whos' hunts are you filiming? and who's doing the filming? is this open to everyone to send footage in or do you have a "pro staff" so to speak?
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

We are developing a group of guys/gals who are Alaska residents that will appear on a regular basis in the episodes. Some have previously worked or currently work as pro-guides and others are avid Alaskan hunting/angling enthusiasts. Some are more known than others such as anglers Tony Weaver and Jim Teeny.

I'm trying to balance the series to showcase equally both hunting and fishing episodes. I've been in television for 27 years and produce the series through my new company 59th Parallel Productions Inc. based here in Anchorage where I live. We discuss as a group the adventures we want to film and try to balance the areas in Alaska we travel to. First season budgets were tough so we couldn't travel too far but we did manage to travel the Aleutian Islands and currently are planning on hitting SE Alaska and the Interior. All footage is shot on location.

Tim

Default Good show

I have seen a couple of episodes and enjoyed them. I don't usually watch the national outdoor sports shows because they have nothing to do with how I hunt or fish. I hope this works out well for you. It is nice to see some realistic hunting and fishing shows that I can relate to. At the same time I hope it does not attract more out of state hunters.

Default Sounds good

I'll look for it tonight, typically anything being shot (filmwise) in Alaska I tend to watch. Going on 11 years living here and still can't get enough of it. Good luck.
    Cody

Default Tonights episode

Thanks for the nice comments.

Tonights episode (11.15.08) is spearfishing in Prince William Sound. Not hunting but...kinda

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Fox 4 Is out or Anchorage? will this be aired on fox 7 out of fairbanks as well? if so what is that schedule?

thanks
    Vince
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Hi Vince,

Fairbanks…not sure, we discussed it with FOX 7 KFXF GM Chris Fry briefly a few times and they were interested but since then those lines of communications have gone unanswered. I’d like Fairbanks viewers to have access to the program and not have to wait until national cable in 2009 or internet distribution which is also being explored.
    I’d contact your channel of choice and let them know you want the show. FOX 7 KFXF-TV at 907.452.3697 and ask for GM Chris Fry or the programming department or visit www.tvtv.com

If enough folks were interested in web-episodes internet viewing I would expedite that process and make the shows available.

Tonight the spearfishing episode repeats at 4:30pm FOX 4 KTBY Anchorage. I'd also like to hear from you folks on episodes that you would like us to develop as in hunting and fishing adventures. Alaska is large and we all can't make it to every corner of the state but perhaps AKODTV can.

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by tdelarm View Post
    Hi Vince,

If enough folks were interested in web-episodes internet viewing I would expedite that process and make the shows available.

Tim
    Unless you are going to be on the air in Dubuque I would like that

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Thanks Tim.. I know about the calls going un- answered, fox 7 and channel 13 are both owned by Tanana valley television..I have been trying to reach them for weeks. we'll see what happens and what i can work on the, next time i do get hold of them.
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

oh! man I went thru my channels and could not find it locally here in Fairbanks. Mr.Fry needs to get with the program Id sure love to see some hunitng and fishing shows made by Alaskans for Alaskans

Lightbulb Viewing Options

Idea!

Perhaps I should create a poll to see where you folks would like to see the show air (along w/FOX 4 Anchorage) and as to what adventures and content you would like us to cover.

Really, this show is about Alaskans for Alaskans. I just emailed one gentlemen in Fairbanks regarding following a hunting group through the hunt and onto having the skins processed into mounts or pelts.

Tim

Im all for that Tim.

I dont care what kind of hunting it is,so long as it takes place here in Alaska.Heck Id even enjoy watching ya'll follow someone along there trapline.its something different for sure or even calling predators.Do it all its all good. I sure wish Id have known this before.Like someone else asked are you going to add viewers clips in? That would be a neat addition also.Im so looking forward to any of the shows.How about putting a poll up on some different hunts here in Alaska or by different means that we dont see and possiblly film a show based off of that?

I missed it, but.......

At 4:30pm today it replays on fox4.

Quote Originally Posted by AKDSLDOG View Post
    I missed it, but.......

At 4:30pm today it replays on fox4.

Very nice job, great program. Looking forward to seeing more and you can't go wrong with "static cycle" for the tunes!

Default Cool Show

Thanks for the post, the show was great. I was able to see it on Fox down here in Juneau.

Default great show

I watched the spear hunting show. Good stuff!
    Art is making something out of nothing and selling it.
    - Frank Zappa

Default Spearfishing on internet

Posted this earlier in the fishing forum...and...I forgot it is about hunting also so...here's the link for the first episode (Spearfishing) we posted as a trial run on the internet. Its supposed to be in high-def but it won't replace seeing it on TV. Let it stream first if you have a slower connection.

If it does not work holler. Hopefully we'll have them posted eventually all on the internet.

Tim

Default Great show-

Quote Originally Posted by tdelarm View Post
    Posted this earlier in the fishing forum...and...I forgot it is about hunting also so...here's the link for the first episode (Spearfishing) we posted as a trial run on the internet. Its supposed to be in high-def but it won't replace seeing it on TV. Let it stream first if you have a slower connection.

If it does not work holler. Hopefully we'll have them posted eventually all on the internet.

Tim
    Tim,

After a couple of hiccups I got the video to stream okay. It was set on HD, so I switched that off and it played okay on my cable modem. A few stutters, but generally okay.

The content was good; nice to see something on spearfishing (and yes, this belongs in the hunting forum- it's underwater HUNTING!). It would be nice to do a show on spearing halibut and lingcod. I believe the spearfishing record in Alaska was broken by a couple of Californians a few years ago in Cook Inlet, with a wimpy 80-lb. fish. Surely Alaskans could do better! Halibut are powerful though, and it would probably require a shaft with a buoy line to the surface. I don't think you could hang onto a big halibut if the line was secured to the gun like we do for lings and such. Could be very interesting.

I would not recommend such a show in Cook Inlet though; the visibility would likely be very poor. Better off over near Montague or somewhere similar, on a low changeover tide so you don't have so much current to contend with. There are other places too, of course (Adak comes to mind...).

Keep up the good work!

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

Default Great

Thanks for posting the link so that the rest of us that are addicted to alaska could watch your show. I thought that it was done extremely well and I really enjoyed your show. I can't wait for it to go national so that I can record it. Keep up the great work. Can you post the rest of the previous show for us to see? Thanks.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast