Thread: 375 Alaska Magnum

Default 375 Alaska Magnum

Hello,
    I purchased a Winchester model 70 in the 375HH. The gun had been rechambered to a 375 Alaska Magnum. Does anybody have any information about this calliber? (375 AK Mag)
    Need to find some reloading dies and brass.
    Thanks for your help.

sounds like the 375 ruger that came out recently?

while looking around, wonder if it is actually 375 ackley?

I doubt it is a .375 Ruger if it was a 375HH originally. The 375 HH is a long magnum vs the 375 Ruger fits the normal 30/06 action length. Do you have any fired casings or ammo for it?

Quote Originally Posted by fishslayer View Post
    I doubt it is a .375 Ruger if it was a 375HH originally. The 375 HH is a long magnum vs the 375 Ruger fits the normal 30/06 action length. Do you have any fired casings or ammo for it?
    Guess I should have looked up the ruger first. This is one of those I have to know questions since I never heard of a 375 alaska Mag. There are alot of wildcats out there.

I would bet that it's an Ackley Improved. You can order the stuff to make a wax casting of your chamber to check, or have a gunsmith do it for you. You then measure the cast and check the measurements against a cartridge drawing.

You are going to need a chamber cast and probably custom set of reloading dies for it. Or skip the expense and have the barrel set back one thread and rechambered for another 375 round that would work for you.
    Tennessee