Thread: National Ammo Day 2008

Default National Ammo Day 2008

The following is part of a post I made over at The Gun Counter. I'm re-posting it here, because I think that this year, it is more important than ever that all gun owners participate in National Ammo Day:

As many of you are aware, ammo day is just around the corner. We have another 5 days to get the word out, and make it a big one. All of you who have been buying ammo "just in case" of restriction over the last weeks or months, even though you may be comfortable with your current inventory, we all need to get out on the 19th and do our part to make a statement to our would-be masters in Washington DC. I know it has been overshadowed this year by the current buying frenzy, but we still need to send the message that even though the economy isn't the best right now, and we are all bleeding dollars from buying our EBRs, magazines, and case loads of ammo, that we can still act in concert on the one day set aside for that statement, and are willing to put up our money that is in increasingly short supply. If nothing else, just 100 rounds on the 19th, please. And if you read forums other than this one, please take the time to start a thread asking others to do the same, and get the word out. Thank you.

http://www.ammoday.com/

Default OK

I'll do my part; you never have enough ammo to shoot at varmints.
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

I started my NAD by buying 500 rnds. of .45 ACP last night---this is fun, almost like Christmas.

Hmm I guess I should have read this earlier I just used my ammo budget last night.

I never heard of National Ammo Day. I spent my ammo budget Wednesday. I like the idea of acting in concert to show Obama and his cronies the middle finger though.

Tim

Brought to you by the members of SAAMI

Contact your local calendar printer and ask them to put NAD on every calendar.

I like the concept of pulling together as a gun owning community. NAD is a great message to send, but I think it has already been sent. I'm sincere in saying that there's very little ammo left to buy. Look around town...the primers are sold-out, popular powders are sold-out, bulk ammo is gone, and most boxed ammo in popular pistol calibers are gone. Check the shelves at the Anchorage Sportsmen's Warehouse...it's a truly amazing sight. Really, you should go see it. I'll buy some 12 gauge shells on NAD, assuming that there are any left to buy.

I have a pallet of ammo on the barge. 7.62x51, 223, 45.....

Wouldn't ya know it....the NAD website is blocked by my employer!....Bast!#ds! Guess I'll have to fire up my trusty personal laptop to check it out.
    The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps! (Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945)

Quote Originally Posted by Wildalaska View Post
    I have a pallet of ammo on the barge. 7.62x51, 223, 45.....
    May I ask where you buy your ammo?

May I ask where you buy your ammo?
    Wherever I can get $50,000 worth at a time.

Ooops, out of my league.