Thread: Whittier Boat Launch??

Default Whittier Boat Launch??

Does anyone know of the condition of the Whittier boat launch? Is icy or can a launch a 20ft skiff without chains?

Is there a website or number for the harbor master?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yukon View Post
    Does anyone know of the condition of the Whittier boat launch? Is icy or can a launch a 20ft skiff without chains?

Is there a website or number for the harbor master?

Thanks
    Here is one number that I have in my phone: 907-472-2330. I believe it is the main number. I would suspect it will be slick.
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Thanks Spoiled. I did a quick google search and got the e-mail of the harbor master and he was quick to respond and is a great help. I just e-mailed about the condition of the ramp and I will post it as soon as I get a response.

This is the response I got about the condition of the ramp:

If you can bring sand it wouldn’t hurt. My feeling is that if you have studs you’ll have no problem. The West Ramp is a little steeper than the East which is currently being re-built. Be prepared for traction issues and if you have problems contact us and we’ll see what we can do to help. Right now, the ramp has compact ice and grit with a little new snow which we will be moving this afternoon.

Good deal. We will be heading down this weekend to pull a 35 footer out. Could be interesting. We will be using three trucks, though.

Default I want pics

Spoiled- I would like to see (seriously) some pics of 3 trucks pulling out the 35 footer. Could you get some for us? What kind of boat and what kind of trucks will you be using?

Quote Originally Posted by Powderpro View Post
    Spoiled- I would like to see (seriously) some pics of 3 trucks pulling out the 35 footer. Could you get some for us? What kind of boat and what kind of trucks will you be using?
    35x11 Glaciercraft. It will be done the same way I splashed "Patience"

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ad.php?t=29127

Two vehicles linked together below and one up top with a winch, I hope. I will get pics if possible.