Thread: Lower Skilak Lake

Default Lower Skilak Lake

Does anyone have any reports on the amount of ice at the lower skilak boat launch? Can you still launch a boat there or is there too much ice?

Thanks for any info.

Scott

Default Not too bad last weekend

But 4x4 and studs were nice to have on the truck...

Water was pretty low but I have a "special" prop just for the Kenai...

Go for it! I'd say.

You should be fine if you have 4 wheel drive and/or studs. Bring some sand or a shovel to spread some gravel on the boat launch before you back down.

Default is it open to float

is there water flowing all the way to bings? how is that doing compared to the upper? in production....

About the same flow.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2fish87 View Post
    is there water flowing all the way to bings? how is that doing compared to the upper? in production....

Jose

Here are a couple more water level links for ya.

Skilak Outflow

Soldotna

Default appreciated

thanks again dave, as those sites were extremely helpful.Im for sure going this weekend, and if its good i might go next weekend aswell.

Chuck i dont have an open seat on this run as i am taking my friend up from iraq and sam is taggin along aswell, as for next friday i already took it off and im probably going to float skilak down. Id be more than happy to roll with you if you were interested. ill get ahold of you sometime this week either way.

Let us know how you did.
    And remember if there are no pics it never happened!!!!!

Thanks for the info. A friend and I are planning on going this weekend. I will post pictures if any hogs are landed.

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by liv2fish87 View Post
    thanks again dave, as those sites were extremely helpful.Im for sure going this weekend, and if its good i might go next weekend aswell.

Chuck i dont have an open seat on this run as i am taking my friend up from iraq and sam is taggin along aswell, as for next friday i already took it off and im probably going to float skilak down. Id be more than happy to roll with you if you were interested. ill get ahold of you sometime this week either way.

No problem bud. Give me a shout. Oh and dave. I just got me a new hig speed high tech laptop. 4g speed and man is this thing fun and i got one of the doo hickies that gives me internet where ever i have cell coverage. Im on top of things now. Next year no piggy backing at trout fitters just do it from camp.
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Default Update on Lower Skilak Lake

Just to give a update on the conditions and fishing at Lower Skilak lake, the boat ramp is pretty good. I brought some sand and a shovel along but did not need it. My truck did start sliding into the lake at the very end of the ramp (got a little excited), but it would have stopped on the bare concrete in the water.

Fishing was not too bad. My friend cought a nice bow and a nice dollie. We both caught quite a few silvers. They are pretty agresive, striking at almost everything. We saw and talked to others that landed some nice sized rainbows.

We were suprised at how many trucks were at the launch when we pulled up. There is still some good fishing to be had, even with the snow and freezing eyelets.

Scott