Thread: Are we allowing the Dems to authorize another AWB by stocking up?

Default Are we allowing the Dems to authorize another AWB by stocking up?

I am starting to wonder if the Dems perceive the current run on guns and ammo as a sign of our complacency and that when or if they do pass another AWB that we are just going to roll over and accept it. Do you know what I mean?

Maybe we’re signaling to them that, ho-hum, oh well, we better load up; next year the semi-autos won’t be available; life goes on. They may be taking that as we EXPECT them to pass an AWB and we are going to go along with it and not make any noise; are we sending them the wrong message by stocking up?

What do you think?

Tim

I don't think it matters. ObamaBiden are pro gun control. No matter what we buy or don't buy. Here's thread about it http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ad.php?t=41476

The smartest thing to do is to contact your representatvies in Washington and have them stand up for our beliefs and values when it comes to legal firearms ownership. I think Biden is well versed in constitutional law. How and where does he stand on the 2nd amendment?

Thanks

I would call Supreme Court justices well versed in Consititutional law...yet 4 of them voted with D.C. on their handgun ban.

Default Reality Check?

I think Ol' Joe was part of the original AWB. Sen. Dianne Finstine (sp?) of Calif. was a real pusher for the AWB. She has been quoted as saying if she'd had had the votes she would have told the American people to "turn them all in"...but she didn't have enough votes for that...then. They may well have those votes this time.

What folks buy now will make no difference to what laws the Dems try to pass. "But MY Dem is not a gun grabber." Sure!

The only bad time to go shopping for "toys" is when they are no longer made or have been outlawed.

If anything,

Thousands of citizens increasing their arms stockpiles due to an incoming administration, would probably cause some bit of uncomfortable concern on the part of ego-maniacal politicians who are used to being treated like they are the new messiah.....

Good for us...
    Floatplane,Tailwheel and Firearms Instructor- Dragonfly Aero
    Experimental Hand-Loader, NRA Life Member
    http://site.dragonflyaero.com

Default Not pro gun control

May be splitting hairs, but Obama/Biden are anti-gun, not pro gun control. They want them GONE, not just controlled. Biden is very anti-gun, always has been. They don't think we can be trusted to own firearms, especially, I say, if they go too far which in my opinion, they already have. My wife said to me last night that "we hire representatives to do the job of making laws and controlling things," but I told her that it doesn't matter, if we the people don't like what is happening, then we have the power to change something, but we have to reclaim that power. Even the mighty Limbaugh said the other morning that he "didn't know if we can do anything, until they go too far and turn people against them in the election. I personally think that will be too late, the damage to our country's remaining strength and sovereignty may be lessened. I think we have to watch them every step of the way and call them on anything that is wrong, and we will know what that is. I think Float Pilot is right. we need to throw in their faces the fact that we are preparing to resist their twisted desires to disarm the law-abiding citizenry of the USA.

Mark

Maybe it's just me, but I would tend to worry if any opponent of mine (political, religious, ideological, etc) was stocking up on guns and ammo or other weaponry.

But, then, I never did think gun control advocates were much into common sense.

That makes a lot of sense; take the tax-paying, honest, law abiding, country loving citizen's guns away, leaving the crooks, robbers, and gangsters with the ammo. That makes as much sense as raising taxes in a slow economy. The government couldn't take our guns away (IMO) without another civil war breaking out. Politicians versus the gun-clingers. Most politicians have never handled a real gun.

I fear the Dems will see this as a sign that we know that they want to initiate a gun ban and we're ok with it and just getting above the curve before it occurs. I hope I'm wrong.

Mauserboy, great job pointing out the semantics; I think there is a big difference too.

Tim

Default well..

I may not be seeing things accurately but it seems to me the homos have more influence in our country than the honest law abiding gunowners. I think we need to march on the Fedearal buildings in our locale and let them know "no way" I agree with this quote from Float Pilot, <br>
    we need to throw in their faces the fact that we are preparing to resist their twisted desires to disarm the law-abiding citizenry of the USA.
    this current crowd of DEMS are of the Soros variety, they hate guns, they want them gone, all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt M View Post
    The smartest thing to do is to contact your representatvies in Washington and have them stand up for our beliefs and values when it comes to legal firearms ownership. I think Biden is well versed in constitutional law. How and where does he stand on the 2nd amendment?

Thanks
    Biden is a gun grabber of the highest order, he tried to hide an AWB in a crime bill a few years back.

Default 2 + 2 = ?

Buying more guns/ammo/mags = More guns/ammo/mags for me...

...that they'll never get off of me. I don't care what they think.

Gun-owners are more crafty, intelligent and prepared than these liberal buffoons could ever comprehend. That is their ultimate weakness...underestimation of our resolve and spirit.

Whatever their plans, they stir a not-so-sleepy beast. A Million-Guns March (Gunowners...if more palatable) sounds good to me.

Default Statement

I dont think the statement we are making is one of defeat or roll-over. I would like to think we are sending a message of celebration for the 2nd amendment and that we are gathering together to show our support of the firearm industry and the constitution. It's good for us to exercise the right and to talk about it publicly. Perhaps the extra gun and ammo sales will give the manufacturers a little extra cash to stave off the impending attack from the new administration.

Default Internet Petition

Does anyone know how to start/begin an internet petition? I thought I signed one regarding the regulations that were being put in place regarding gun powder/explosive ordinance last year; emailed my Congressmen too. I think Mauserboy alluded to this in another thread. Maybe its too early for a petition, but I'd be nice to find out how to start one.

Tim