Thread: 10-22 accesories

Default 10-22 accesories

I just bought a camo Ruger 10-22. What are some useful accessories you guys have for yours? Wheres the best place to get them? I've got to hurry before they outlaw everything.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW-----what a ride!
    Unknown author

Most of the stuff you can get through Cabela's.

I have a folding stock on mine, which is really handy and the first thing I would buy if I were in your shoes. I do have some high capacity magazines, but don't really use them...instead I have quite a few of the standard issue 10 rounders and I carry four or five with me on the four wheeler or snowmachine. The folding stock and extra magazines would be my priority right now.

Later you can do a trigger job on it and even an aftermarket barrel if you want...I did.

Quote Originally Posted by jkb View Post
    I've got to hurry before they outlaw everything.

LOL, Loading up here as well, in one week I've added a 12ga. shotgun and a .220 swift last night as well as 1k rounds of ammo and headed to town in a bit for more.

I vote for Cabela's as well Jim, they have a great selection and the prices are fair. You can also goggle 10/22 tactical/varmint and come up with tons, ran into them last night looking for .220 swift stuff.

Default Ebay

Don't rule out ebay, I've done quite well there for parts and stuff.

Try a search for Ruger 10/22

kingfisherktn

Get an extended mag release, it REALLY helps when wearing gloves.
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Default 10/22

I never liked the factory sights so I bought GI type sights from tech-sights.com. 100% improvment. Also Brownells has a good selection of stuff to trick out a 10/22. Just google brownells.
    "All bureaucracies are the same. They drain the life out of the truly creative people and develop mindless paperpushers as their critical mass."

"You are a den of Vipers.I intend to rout you out and by the Eternal God I will rout you out.If the people only understood the rank injustice of our money and banking system there would be a revolution before morning"--Andrew Jackson 1828

Quote Originally Posted by AKmud View Post
    Get an extended mag release, it REALLY helps when wearing gloves.
    Rob, just bought a second stainless synthetic tonight and to my surprise, it CAME with an extended mag release!!

Default bolt buffer

I suggest a Yellow Jacket bolt buffer to make the action quieter when the bolt slams back and it makes the little Ruger smoother to shoot. I also like the Tactical Innovations Inc. TI25, 25 round clips that are made in Idaho. Most reliable high capacity clips for the 10/22 I have used.

Any place where the TI25 mags are a touch cheaper than normal?

Default Hot LipsŪ Magazine Loader