Thread: Adf&g thief

Default Adf&g thief

Not what you are maybe thinking -

But....some butthead stole a map from my wife at the anchorage ADF&G - not an employee mind you - but a visitor.

She was down at the office 'copying' the sheep boundary districts off of the maps that they let the public borrow. She said that she left her maps on the center table and walked away only for a minute - when she came back some SLIMEBAG had stole one of our maps......what a POS. It is not really the cost of the map or the time that she had into highlighting the boundaries - but the thought of thieves among our hunter ranks........Id'a sure liked to have caught that bunghole!

Know what you mean. Just found out that someone stole my kids' sleds out of my fenced yard. Hope whoever stole them breaks something using them!

Quote Originally Posted by Bullelkklr View Post
    Not what you are maybe thinking -

But....some butthead stole a map from my wife at the anchorage ADF&G - not an employee mind you - but a visitor.

She was down at the office 'copying' the sheep boundary districts off of the maps that they let the public borrow. She said that she left her maps on the center table and walked away only for a minute - when she came back some SLIMEBAG had stole one of our maps......what a POS. It is not really the cost of the map or the time that she had into highlighting the boundaries - but the thought of thieves among our hunter ranks........Id'a sure liked to have caught that bunghole!
    Go to your sheep hunting spot next August and wait for them to show up and ask for your map back. Just kiddin, Thiefs suck, someone recently broke the window out of my wife truck and stole her purse while she was in the gym. The whole ordeal has cost us around $600 so far, not to mention we filled up somebodys car for them with our stolen credit cards.

[quote=Bullelkklr;366805]

She said that she left her maps on the center table and walked away only for a minute - when she came back some SLIMEBAG had stole one of our maps......what a POS. quote]

I've never been in there & don't know how it's laid out, but could it have been an honest mistake? Someone thinking it was a free handout of some type?

Quote Originally Posted by .338-06 View Post
    ..... Hope whoever stole them breaks something using them!
    If they do they'll probably sue you!
    Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

Default I was wrong

She didn't even leave the room. She said that she turned her back for maybe 30 seconds to talk wtih the counter personnel. She knows that the guy who took them was watching her outline the district boundaries...and after he took it (she didn't know) he then went up to the main counter and had a conversation with the adfg folks - then left with her map........

Any chance adfg has a camera going?

Quote Originally Posted by quote

I've never been in there & don't know how it's laid out, but could it have been an honest mistake? Someone thinking it was a free handout of some type?
    For as petty as this is , it's gotta be a honest mistake

Default Hunt Boundry Maps

You do know at all the hunt unit boundries are available on-line?

It gives the link right in the supplement:

www.wildlife.alaska.gov/gis/index.cfm

Better not put in for the ones I did!
    Last edited by L. G.; 11-15-2008 at 17:52. Reason: .

feel you on that. Hunted the Denali Hwy. a few years back with the wheelers. Came back after a long day to find every last gas can stolen. Had to go to the Gracious house just to fill the machines. If I recall correctly they walked off with about 10, 5 gallon cans. Often wondered who or how could someone do that to another in Alaska of all places.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

you know Jeff GAS is one thing to lock up they will take it before your guns... I hide mine so the bears have somthing to play with........
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Default Sad Affair

Itís a sad affair when fellow Alaskan's steal from one another. I have found out if you are polite and honest most Alaskan's will help out. I am sure if the person asked nicely about the map your wife would have pointed them in the right direction. Treat people how you wanted to be treated and 99.9% of the time things go pretty well. Sorry about your stuff getting stolen.