Thread: trailer ramps

Default trailer ramps

I have a 5x8' box trailer which I plan to use for my ATV. I need some ramps though, so I can roll it up in there. Do you guys make your own, or is there a place around that I could shop for some ramps that would be suitable for my trailer? Or, do you have any other suggestions as to what I could use?
    "Wine can of their wits the wise beguile, Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile." - Homer, Odyssey

Default Easy fix

Go to wally world and get some metal brackets they have for lawn tractor and misc equipment. Get you some 2 X 10's and boom, been using mine for 6 years. About 30 bucks.

Terry

Default Ramps

If you have some steel laying around and access to a welder it is easy enough to slap some together. If not then you can buy some nice aluminum ramps from a dealer. Ramps like these are rated at 1500 pounds and up. Arched ones are 2000 and 3000 pounds. Saw some arched 2000 pound ones at the Polaris shop for $160. They were 6 foot long so they would work for a pickup also.

You can also make some cheap out of 2x12 with a bracket on the ends to keep them from slipping off the back of the trailer or tailgate. Not that I've ever done that.

If you choose the 2X route, you would be wise to install a small eyebolt on the bottom side just behind where it lays on the trailer. You then could attach a strap or the like to the trailer to prevent spitting out a ramp. In reality this is a good idea with any ramp that isn't fastened.