Thread: Anchorage tonight....Palmer tommorow night.

Default Anchorage tonight....Palmer tommorow night.

Subject: Public Meetings to Discuss Sport Fish Guide Services Board Draft Language

Anchorage Wednesday, November 12, 7:00 9:00 p.m.
    Spenard Community Recreation Center
    2020 West 48th Avenue

Palmer
    Thursday, November 13,7:00 9:00 p.m.
    Matanuska Telephone Association Building Services
    1740 S. Chugach St.

are you going to make the meeting tonight in Anchorage?

Quote Originally Posted by yukon View Post
    are you going to make the meeting tonight in Anchorage?

I am going to try to make it in for the debrief to the TASK FORCE on all the meetings that have been held.

The Alaska Dept. of Fish and Game has scheduled a Task Force meeting that you are welcome to attend.

The discussion will be to address some of the primary questions and comments received by the public and guide industry on the proposed Sport Fish Guide Services Board.

Date: Weds. November 19th
    Time: 9:00 – 5:00pm
    Where: Homewood Suites – Glacier Bay conference room
    101 W. 48th Avenue, Anchorage, AK (907) 762-7000

Read the public comment here--> http://www.sf.adfg.state.ak.us/guide...s.readComments

Just posted on SEAFA's website my comments submitted to the task force
    http://www.seafa.org

Thanks JTF...some really good points there.

Default meeting last night...

I went to the Anchorage meeting last night. Big turnout. I'd guess there were about a hundred people. While some of the comments were rambling complaints about allocation and leaving it up to the "free market", some were more focused on the draft language and, hopefully, helpful to the task force. A recurring theme here (and probably in other meetings) was the question that if this is really just an issue for a few areas (Kenai R and Sitka mentioned repeatedly), then why are all other areas of the State being dragged into it? A good point, in my opinion.

Good comments JTF...some of the same points were brought up last night. I hadn't really followed this process all that closely until now. In general, I agree with the overall need and goals but question the Statewide application. Perhaps there are legal issues with a regional approach, I dunno. Also, were there other reasons for abandoning the "limited entry" approach via constitutional amendment beyond the perceived difficulty of achieving a 2/3 legislative approval and Statewide vote?

Thanks,
    Art Nelson.

I counted about 65 people, not including the 3 kids. It was a very good turnout as every seat was filled. Lots of good points brought up and there are lots of educated people out there in regards to the history of it all and the legal limitations.