Thread: what a bummer

Unhappy what a bummer

My powder (H4350) won't make it in until tomorrow...not enough time to work up loads for my .348 Win. We're going on our annual buffalo pilgrimage Fri so I guess I'll just have to use my "wimpy" ol .458. I was looking forward to using my Win 71...it'd do a respectable job the buff. But on the bright side, I'll get 'em worked up for my elk hunt in Dec.
    If you like getting kicked by a mule...then you'll "love" shooting my .458.

Quote Originally Posted by Maydog View Post
    My powder (H4350) won't make it in until tomorrow...not enough time to work up loads for my .348 Win. We're going on our annual buffalo pilgrimage Fri so I guess I'll just have to use my "wimpy" ol .458. I was looking forward to using my Win 71...it'd do a respectable job the buff. But on the bright side, I'll get 'em worked up for my elk hunt in Dec.
    Any chance of snagging some factory loads? From the reports of my rancher friend with his 71, they're fine performers.

Talking Maybe...

Quote Originally Posted by BrownBear View Post
    Any chance of snagging some factory loads? From the reports of my rancher friend with his 71, they're fine performers.
    Maybe I could...but, it comes down to that time thing. I was in Sportsman WH the other day and they didn't have anything left, and I mean anything. I'd be hard pressed to find any, but if the powder came in early, I could load some, but just not enough time (I'd hate to rush that...you know, savour the experience) to load and shoot a lot of groups. I actually didn't expect to use it, only hoping, and my trusty 458 claims to be the buffalo getter so I won't let him down. But the elk hunt will be a different story.
    If you like getting kicked by a mule...then you'll "love" shooting my .458.

Hey Maydog,

You may want to look at Great Northern Guns. My hunting buddy got some there last week.