Thread: lake louise this weekend

Default lake louise this weekend

will be heading to lake louise this weekend to set the hard shacks on the ice. 8-10 inchs now. probably looking at the lower end of susitna actually but will chat with the locals a little more before I make a decision. We have 2 8x12 shacks that sleep 4 each with holes. Wood stove in one and propane heat in the other. Any general areas would be great as we have fished this in the past and caught the biggest fish here, so we decided to put our shacks here. Will move one to crosswinds around x-mas.

Mark

How do your shacks set up? Are they panelized?

We bulit them on skids they are truly 8x12 hauled them up earlier on the snowmachine trailer. Insulated floor walls and roof. put uhmw on the skids. probably weighs in at around 700lbs i cant budge it on the trailer. But once i got some snow under the uhmw my 15 year old daughter was pushing it around. No joke it is way easier than you would think to move around. Besides once you drive up rent a cabin eat lodge food you got some money involved. This way we drive up stay in the shack eat our food and fish fish fish.its a hoot when you get a bunch of guys out there.

What is your biggest fish from Susitna?

biggest togue errr lake trout was 13lbs but we havent fished it a ton. Biggest from louise was 17lbs nice fat thing. it had 2 white fish in it that were in good shape so we used then for bait. Burbot for susitna and louise was about 40 inchs we guessed around 13lbs as well.

Are those your shacks(red & green I think) in larson bay on Lake Louise?

one is blue and one is green not sure of the bay we are in. about a mile from the end of the road on the left.

why were they on fire?

Quote Originally Posted by akdube View Post
    why were they on fire?
    Yes, they were.

No no they were not on fire. That was us that rode past you last weekend heading to the back of the bay to go to my cabin. I was on the super long track with the plywood box on the back and my buddy was on the AC towing the otter sled. I'm up every weekend, i'll keep an eye on your places and if it's not to cold I'll stop and say hi. You are set up in a good fishing spot but be careful if it dumps alot of snow, the over flow can get nasty right there. Good luck!

hey wow that would be great thanks. brother is there now till friday then other guy will be there this weekend stop by for a beer and see some fish... thanks again that will be great.