Thread: Ruger Rings

Default Ruger Rings

Does anyone know of an aftermarket screw clamp that would convert the Ruger factory rings to a quick release?

Default Not sure but...

If I was you I'd just buy a set of Warne's and be done with it.

Jake

Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    Does anyone know of an aftermarket screw clamp that would convert the Ruger factory rings to a quick release?

Default cabelas

has warne quick release rings for rugers. Only ones I seen that are made for ruger. $80 or $90 I think, check it out.

there was a guy on here a while back who said someone made a lever that converted factory rings to Q.R. I tried to find them online and no luck. Have not seen him much on here lately and can't remember his screen name.

[quote=there was a guy on here a while back who said someone made a lever that converted factory rings to Q.R. I tried to find them online and no luck. Have not seen him much on here lately and can't remember his screen name.[/quote]

That's what I seem to recall as well...tried looking at Brownells but I couldn't locate anything. I have the Warne QD rings which are nice but they are so wide that they don't permit much eye relief adjustment for my scope.

I followed up on this many months ago. Bottom line is that whoever was making levers to fit onto Ruger rings is not making them anymore. Although, you still may find them listed at Midway as Meier quick release levers, on back order.

I take my scopes with the factory Ruger rings off and on all the time with a screwdriver if handy...or a coin at times. It's not as convenient as levers are, but it always seems to work out ok.
    The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps! (Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945)

Quote Originally Posted by ak257 View Post
    I take my scopes with the factory Ruger rings off and on all the time with a screwdriver if handy...or a coin at times. It's not as convenient as levers are, but it always seems to work out ok.
    Do they return to zero for you when you do this?

I tried ordering these supposed levers and what I got, which I was told was what I needed, didn't fit properly and there was no other choices. So Warnes is the route I took. Heres Warnes on my 338 and tehy do hold zero from taking the scope on and off, as I tested the design.

Do they return to zero for you when you do this?
    Yes, I have them on a 7x57 and so far haven't had any problems. They compare favorably to the Warne QD's that I have on other 77's.
    The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps! (Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945)