Thread: I'm not new here just new to the area

Default I'm not new here just new to the area

I recently moved from Fairbanks to Anchorage. I have tried to hunt here (small game), but every where I go I find atleast 4 or 5 others doing the same. Is there anywhere I can go without having to worry about getting shot?I take my oldest daughter out with me any hunt I go on and I haven't found a safe one yet. Now I'm not asking any ones secret spots I just was wondering if there was a place to hunt grouse or hares that's not so populated? We don't mind walking. Thanks for any advice and if interested I have a cabin up north I may be able to offer a hunt for bigger game. Again thanks for any help to get my daughter and me out hunting.

Jon

sent you a pm

Default hey fishnhunter

i sent you a PM

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by fishnhunter View Post
    I recently moved from Fairbanks to Anchorage. Jon

JON.. best advice..... MOVE BACK TO FAIRBANKS!!!!
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Default Drop me a line

Jon,

Welcome to Anchorage! You'll find that the move will open opportunities for you that did not exist in the Fairbanks area. Within two hours of town you have access to Dall sheep, moose, caribou, black bear, brown bear, goat, and small game. You also have access to all five species of salmon, trophy rainbow trout, char, grayling, and all the saltwater fishing you can handle. Anchorage is the place to be!

Drop me a line and I'd be happy to help get you connected in the area!

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    JON.. best advice..... MOVE BACK TO FAIRBANKS!!!!
    +1 !

Anywhere within an hour or two of Achorage is also used by an additional 350,000 people, thats a wee bit different than Fairbanks where your sharing more land with 1/7 th the amount of people. This is what freinds of mine have said about moving to Anchorage is... #1 its warmer during the winter----colder during the summer, #2 The fishing is better... hands down, #3 Much harder to get away from the crowds to hunt, have to come back up towards Fairbanks to hunt!

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Strahan View Post
    Jon,

Welcome to Anchorage! You'll find that the move will open opportunities for you that did not exist in the Fairbanks area. Within two hours of town you have access to Dall sheep, moose, caribou, black bear, brown bear, goat, and small game. You also have access to all five species of salmon, trophy rainbow trout, char, grayling, and all the saltwater fishing you can handle. Anchorage is the place to be!

Drop me a line and I'd be happy to help get you connected in the area!

-Mike
    don't forget to mention bad drivers, traffic, unplowed roads, road rage, stop lights, sirens in the night,traffic,bad drivers,traffic, oh and rain in December, making bad roads and more traffic, and worse drivers
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Move to Wasilla!!!!

Default not wasilla

No dont move out here their is enough people out here.

Default Top ten signs you know you're in Wasilla

Quote Originally Posted by kahahawai View Post
    Move to Wasilla!!!!
    How about the top ten signs you know you're in Wasilla... heh.

1. You have to give directions to your house using abandoned appliances for landmarks.

2. You're attacked by a pack of free-ranging rotties while bunny hunting with your preschool-aged daughter, and the troopers refuse to investigate.

3. You spend $400 a month on commuting to your job in Anchorage, just to save $200 on house payments.

4. ??

(please keep it clean...)

-Mike

LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.

#4 you pay extra for your house for a view of a gravel pit.
    #5 you have house warming to help take the tires off your new house
    #6 you go 10 miles out of your way because you missed the off ramp to your subdivision
    #7 you plan on leaving an hour early just to go the 3 miles through town
    #8 you honestly believe the wind is blowing because Palmer sucks
    #9 you moved from anchorage and think you in the "great out doors"
    #10 you know your in Wasilla when....you moved out in 1986 and every time you go through, you see the strip mall just got longer

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Strahan View Post
    How about the top ten signs you know you're in Wasilla... heh.

1. You have to give directions to your house using abandoned appliances for landmarks.

2. You're attacked by a pack of free-ranging rotties while bunny hunting with your preschool-aged daughter, and the troopers refuse to investigate.

3. You spend $400 a month on commuting to your job in Anchorage, just to save $200 on house payments.

4. ??

(please keep it clean...)

-Mike

# 2 NOT nice mike!!!!!!

talk about thread hyjacking though lol

meet on face book here

Default you are correct...

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    # 2 NOT nice mike!!!!!!

talk about thread hyjacking though lol
    Okay Vince, you are correct. I'll start a separate thread on this...

hehe

-Mike

Hijack away, don't trust this guy he's a name hijacker! lol Seriously, don't be giving up our moose hunting spot for next year or no halibut fishing trips for you! See you in a couple weeks, copycat.

Cody