Thread: Is Skilak Lake open?

Default Is Skilak Lake open?

Can anyone tell me if Skilak is open. My fishing partner is moving to Bethel, and I need to get out one more time is there is no ice.

Thanks.

Default i dont know about skilak lake

but i know the upper kenai is open atleast from cooper to jims... i wouldnt run cooper down... as i would sportsmans. im going to try to get 1 last float in before my buddy heads back to iraq.... ive always pondered trying the middle river this time of year.

Dude if your making a run this weekend and have an open seat lets run it. Im in. call me you have the number. Call me anytime after 7am on tuesday
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Skilak is open. Ice on the launches which makes pulling boats tricky. But just bring some sand bags. Water depth for the Kenai is also at a all time low according to the Real Time Data site.
    Ducks flying around pretty regular and a few guys fishing for trout. Looks like most of the guys are launching at Skilak and then fishing the braids area then going back up to the launch. Once you get below the Upper Killey there is no going back up with the low water. Trout fishing drops off quite a bit once you get down below the Kenai Keyes. Anyway, good luck.

I have a friend who was just out there on Friday and said it was open. The river is a bit low though. Good luck if you haven't already headed that way.
    Ryan Tollefsen
    Prudential Jack White Vista Real Estate

Alaska Real Estate
    Anchorage Real Estate