Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We need to organize!

Default We need to organize!

I'll try to not make this a soapbox, and hopefully we can avoid getting too hostile (politically) with this....we all have heard, or know of the stance of those on the left regarding our 2nd amendment rights. All I want to say is that a grassroots movement led, in large part, to the success of the Dems politically. No matter where we stand politically, if we believe in our right to keep and bear arms we must organize in the same manner that the Dems did, make sure you join the NRA if you haven't...time to put your $$$ where your mouth is, and your guns are so to speak. A lot of gunowners (at least a lot that I have ran into) don't support the NRA, but they ARE the largest voice we have. Take time to let your congressmen know how you feel, and use the power of the pen to submit editorials to the paper, not just your local paper, but hometown papers, whatever. Our voices must be heard, otherwise they will be drown out by those who could care less about our rights and freedoms. Chris....

Well said. I agree. This is a little ahead of the game but its been on my mind so I'll get it out there. What if the NRA cant pull us out of the next 4 years? Do you think Joe Blow American gun owner is ready to actually fight for their constitutional rights if the government process lets them down? Ive pondered over it for a long time. I wonder if the same "from my cold, dead hands" ideology existed in Australia, England, and Canada before they had thousands and thousands of guns confiscated by their government? I wonder if Americans would just lie down and forfeit their rights as the others have or actually risk everything and fight for it? I personally think most Americans are to comfortable in their lives and wouldn't want to risk everything as our Founding Fathers did. Just an observation. What does everyone else think?

Default canada

I agree with all said!! I live in Canada and to date we have not had any guns taken, as a matter of fact we are better off than americians now. In our election this year Harper and the coservatives got back in!!!! he campained with the promise to get rid of the long gun registry and is doing a good job, as rght now bill c68 is all but dead due to hm. I do belong to the NRA and think it is crucial for all now, but with what ive been reading not sure if it can be stopped now, Obama has made his position on guns very clear as any NRA member knows. The scary part is most Americians dont know what Bush did with the patriot act, as far as importing guns, even gun parts ect. after the patriot act was signed, places like midway, brownels ect. could not send anything up here, its so bad if your visa has a billing add. that is not US they wont sell you anything! Legaly in Canada i can bring in almost anything, so I got a US credit card and a post office box in Skagway, but no dice my billing add was in Canada so they would sell me nothing! with the economy in the ditch it will be easy for the Dems to raise taxes on the gun industry. I was talking to our local gunshop and they are already looking into other sources for ammo/guns ect. i guess they have some good suppliers in Europe, I am an americian, liveing in Canada, i was in the US military and voted for Bush and Mccain, and always thought if things got bad here i could move to AK. but now???? I can honestly say that for the first time in my life Im glad to live on this side. and after watching the news tonight I think Obama will move fast.

As far as confiscation goes I was referring mainly to Australia and a little bit in England, not Canada. Sorry for the confusion.

Default close

No ARKY you were close to right on, we came very close to loseing a lot, and will if the liberals get back in.

Default I joined again

im shamed to say but i let my membership end after clinton left office. I joined again yesterday! Hillbilly

Default Join the NRA!!

Danged right we need to organize. THE ANTI'S AREN'T WAITING!! Get your HEAD OUT OF YOUR BUTT and JOIN. By the way send an EXTRA $20 or so, it isn't gonna hurt you. It is time to put your money where your mouth is. By the way I am an endowment member and send money several times a year. They are gonna need it more than ever NOW!!

If there was ever a need to rally up and organaize to keep our guns, the time is NOW!! I guarantee you the anti gunners are not sitting still with their thumbs up their butt, we better not be either.

I personally don't agree with a few things about the NRA but, I did just join as we speak. AMENDMENT POWER!

Quote Originally Posted by H_I_L_L_B_I_L_L_Y View Post
    im shamed to say but i let my membership end after clinton left office. I joined again yesterday! Hillbilly
    Yep, I did the same thing. I'm pulling my head from my hindquarters as we speak and joining the NRA for the 4x annual payments of $25 for the life membership.

Tim

I dont always agree with the NRA (about 95% of the time I do) and there is a board member that I wuold like to see disappear, but I am a life member and plan on contributing a little extra in the next 4 years. Without the NRA our 2nd Amendment priviledges would have been gone long ago. One big reason a few democratic congressmen and senators usually vote pro gun is beacause of the NRA and without that leverage to tip the scales our guns would have been gone long ago except maybe a musket.

Default Life Membership

Ditto on the importance of the NRA now more than ever..... I know economic times are tough, but anyone that can afford should seriously consider a life membership for themselves and their spouse or significant other. You can even do the extended pay life now so that you life membership fee is paid quarter over a few years rather than all at once and there is no price increase for choosing that option.

NRA absolutely (life member myself and contribute "extra" all the time). I would also point out the Gun Owners of America (GOA) as another front on the 2nd amendment fight. I'm a member of both groups. There has been some infighting between GOA & NRA in recent years and that needs to stop. In fact I think it's time to put pen to paper to both groups and ask them to work together and focus on holding our total Left-wing government at bay until the Right can regroup and bring back a balance of power.

http://www.gunowners.org/

http://www.nra.org/

As for being "too early" there is no such thing. In fact, now is the time to start letter writing to your congress folks and let them know how you feel about your gun ownership rights. If you wait until a bill is on the floor, you are behind in the fight and playing defense. We can start on the offense right now and try to stay a step ahead of the gun grabbers.
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

Default we need to ambush 'em

after watching the CNN news I can see how they are going to come fast for the guns. They had the nerve to report Obamas true position on the news while during the campaign they hid his position. This is mindboggling, shocking the gall they have. We need to start protesting and organizing now. You can email obama here http://www.change.gov/page/s/yourvision

At the risk of jacking the thread, why doesn't Alaska have a state rifle and pistol or firearms association or am I missing something?
    Now what ?

I am a Life Member of the NRA and yesterday I gave a gift membership to one of my friends that I hunt with.

Absolutely, I believe that every gun owner should be a member of the NRA, but do not forget to educate yourself on the issues at hand. Joining the NRA is not enough. We must also be knowledgeable enough to have an educated debate with someone on the other side of the issue. If we are not educated there is no chance of us being able to educate someone else.

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms. . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." -- Jefferson`s "Commonplace Book," 1774-1776, quoting from On Crimes and Punishment, by criminologist Cesare Beccaria, 1764

Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by tccak71 View Post
    Yep, I did the same thing. I'm pulling my head from my hindquarters as we speak and joining the NRA for the 4x annual payments of $25 for the life membership.

Tim
    I was going to pull the trigger on a life membership but I began to second guess myself upon the removal of my head from my hindquarters. Its $25 quarterly for 10 YEARS!!

Is there even a remote chance of the NRA moving to the left in that timeframe to appease the dems, in the name of protecting us from further regulation? I hate to sign up for a $1,000 and then have them change positions on me. Am I worried about nothing?

Tim

Default Shooting USA.com will pay $10

BTW, if you go to shootingusa.com and join the NRA they'll kick in $10. An annual membership is $35, join through their site and its $25.

Tim
    Last edited by tccak71; 11-12-2008 at 07:06. Reason: Spelling

Default NRA.....yes!

The NRA is not perfect, but it is very good for gun owners. It is the reason we have the gun rights we do. This is unfortunate as our 2nd ammendment clearly states what our founding fathers had in mind when they put it in our constitution. So we need the NRA because most politicians and some gun owners who vote for them do not understand or try to undermind the 2nd ammendment. The 2nd ammendment has nothing to do with hunting rights. It has everything to do with a free country, democracy, dictatorships and the right to defend your self and your family. It is the insurance policy for our other constitutional rights. Hitler, Stalin and a bunch of other infamous leaders understood this, that is why they always disarm the peasants. Millions upon millions of human beings would say this is true if they were still alive. He who has the guns always makes the rules. Understand this, the constitution says what the sitting supreme court justices say it says. That is a sad but true fact. Will the "you can pry my gun from my cold dead hands" mentality prevail in America if it comes to gun confication? Not if it effects the pocket book. This last election proved it. Rigid,firm and clear thinking belivers in the 2nd ammendment are a "minority" group. The only way to change this is to recruit others into our ranks.

Default How?

I don't know how in the world, outside a few pro gun organizations, that we hunters can ever organize. We can't even agree on which party to vote for. A lot of hunters vote democratic and they KNOW that party will come for the guns, so I'm confused on this one. It seems to me that one is either pro gun or anti gun...the one's on the fence are like "a little bit pregnant."
    If you like getting kicked by a mule...then you'll "love" shooting my .458.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast