Thread: Tikka Rings

Default Tikka Rings

Picked up a new Tikka T3 that came with Tikka's Optilock rings. Has anyone used these rings? Are they any good or should I just pull them off and buy something else?

Default talley

Congrats on your new tikka, there are 2 in my house a 30/06 and a left hand (mine) 338 federal both are very good shooters! the actions are like silk!! on my 338 i put the talleys, on my wifes i put weaver. the store i bought both rifles at sells tons of tikkas, they dont like the tikka rings as they told me they can slip in the grooves?? not sure but it made sense to me just looking at them. i know the talleys are more money but they are bullet proof, mine are the one piece base/ring model. hope this helps!! good shooting!

Quote Originally Posted by yukon254 View Post
    Congrats on your new tikka, there are 2 in my house a 30/06 and a left hand (mine) 338 federal both are very good shooters! the actions are like silk!! on my 338 i put the talleys, on my wifes i put weaver. the store i bought both rifles at sells tons of tikkas, they dont like the tikka rings as they told me they can slip in the grooves?? not sure but it made sense to me just looking at them. i know the talleys are more money but they are bullet proof, mine are the one piece base/ring model. hope this helps!! good shooting!
    When I bought my tikka as Sportsmens warehouse, the saleman told me same thing. So I went online and bought warnes rings on midwayusa.com they work great.

Default Thanks

Thanks to both of you for the responce. That was the info I was needing. Didn't want to spend money on rings if it wasn't needed but also didn't want to get a scope sighted in just to find out my rings are junk.

I have Talleys on my Kimber and some Leupolds on my Rem. 338. Not a fan of the Leupolds, they seem to rust instantly. Like the Talleys and will probably pick some up for the Tikka.

Thanks again.

I haven't had any issues with the rings on my Tikka, but this is the first year I've used it. With all the horror stories about them I figure $40 worth of insurance in the purchase of a set Talleys is money well spent.
    Now what ?