Thread: Trapper In Need / Fundraiser in Fairbanks?

Default Trapper In Need / Fundraiser in Fairbanks?

Can anyone tell me more about the Nelsons that just recently had a wife/daughter that had a stroke and has been spending time recovering in Seattle?
    From what I understand, they are local trappers.
    I know that there was a dinner fundraiser this weekend, but we were unable to attend to it.
    I'd like to know where we can send contributions and if anyone knows them personally, could you tell me more about her well being and recovery?
    I believe that she is a teacher at Barnett Magnet School here in Fairbanks?
    Information would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks!!
    Lurker.

Quote Originally Posted by COtoAK View Post
    Can anyone tell me more about the Nelsons that just recently had a wife/daughter that had a stroke and has been spending time recovering in Seattle?
    From what I understand, they are local trappers.
    I know that there was a dinner fundraiser this weekend, but we were unable to attend to it.
    I'd like to know where we can send contributions and if anyone knows them personally, could you tell me more about her well being and recovery?
    I believe that she is a teacher at Barnett Magnet School here in Fairbanks?
    Information would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks!!
    my daughter goes to barnette I'll ask her mother ( i haven't received any notification from the school about it..??????????

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

Quote Originally Posted by ret25yo View Post
    my daughter goes to barnette I'll ask her mother ( i haven't received any notification from the school about it..??????????
    Yeah... I don't know what to tell you other than what I read in the Alaska Trappers Association magazine that they send out.
    We received it last week and I am 100% positive that it says that she was a teacher at Barnett.
    So... who knows. That's exactly why I wanted some more information because I'd like to know that my contribution to their family is going directly to their family, you know?
    If I wanted my money to go just anywhere, I'd donate it to the United Way (not really... it just sounded good).
    Lurker.

Bump?
    Anyone have any other information. We would love to make a contribution somewhere, but don't know where or who to send it to. It was in the most recent Alaska Trappers Association magazine, but I can't find it.
    Lurker.

Default info

The teacher from Barnette is Veta Nelson. She is the daughter of Mickey and Amy VanHatten. I just talked to her brother and it sounds like she is making positive strides and will be coming home her soon. The VanHatten family are some of the absolute best people you could ever know. Not sure if there is an account set up for Veta, but I will find out and post here for those of you who would like to contribute.

Default Alaska USA

I found out that if you go to ALaska USA FCU, tell them it if for VETA NELSON, you should be able to contribute to her fund.