Thread: Predator Call Pics

Default Predator Call Pics

I thought I would share a few pics of some Custom Predator calls, while I had a few seconds. Just a little something outside of the production calls your used to seeing.

Default Wow!

Those are way to nice for me to loose!

Quote Originally Posted by aksnowshoe View Post
    Those are way to nice for me to loose!
    thats exactly what I was thinking

Yeah, some are real perty look'n, but not all of mine get used. My vise is collecting them, but I do use several that I have and plans to try a couple of others this season (This next week off ).

Not all custom makers can do it but if you find the couple that understand the airflow and tuning of the reeds, you get a real nice sounding, smooth to use call, and generally for the cost of what they charge for a production call.

I do have older calls and a few production calls in the collection too, not just customs.

The far right call in this pic is made from Osage and is my go to call up here, the down side is, not only does it call predators, its a cow moose magnet.

Heres a few made from horn

One horn and antler with a lynx carved on it.

And heres a production most know, with all the varations.

Default calls/calling?

Those are some beautiful calls! Where did you get the moose antler one and do you make any of those?

Secondly I have been calling twice this year with no sights of any critters. Is it too early or what can I be doing wrong? I have had luck in the past but, normally wait until later in the season. What is the better part of the day to go this time of year morning or evening? Thanks in advance.

No, I don't make them, just use them and collect them. Theres more custom predator call makers out there then most know.

That antler call came from a maker in Kansas, by the name of Kent Constable (SP) ( I have access to his contact info, just not on hand at this minute.)

Antler and horn calls, when fitted with a JC reed tend to have a loud grisp, and sharp sound, that are good for fox and cats. Aluminum calls also have the same effect. So a good combo is a call tuned to a high pitched cotton tail, and with a trill of the tounge will give ya mean bird in distress.

Quote Originally Posted by moosehead08 View Post
    Those are some beautiful calls! Where did you get the moose antler one and do you make any of those?

Secondly I have been calling twice this year with no sights of any critters. Is it too early or what can I be doing wrong? I have had luck in the past but, normally wait until later in the season. What is the better part of the day to go this time of year morning or evening? Thanks in advance.

If oyu go to
    http://www.predatormastersforums.com...ubbthreads.php

and scroll down to the custom call section of the forum you will find a good group of guys that make all kinds of different predator calls..

I had a couple made out of some blacktail horns i had laying around..
    LOVE MY LITTLE SKULL CLEANERS

AP,

Which call maker did ya have make your calls on PM?

Quote Originally Posted by WaterWolf View Post
    AP,

Which call maker did ya have make your calls on PM?

BearManRic made me my antler calls (2-squeekers and 2-openreed) out of a set of blacktails.. They came out super sweet..

And i have some from DesertDawg (Loren Reese)..He is From Soldotna and makes some realy nice lanyards and coyote carriers..http://www.reeselanyards.com Is his website..
    LOVE MY LITTLE SKULL CLEANERS

Oh yeah, I have some Ricks calls, heck might even have some of Lorens early stuff here, and all my calls are on Reese Lanyards. I wonder if he roams this board yet?

Theres two other fellas that do top quality horn work too, matter fact just picked up three sets from when kid. One for myself and sets for my hunting buddies. Top nothced stuff for sure.