Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Finally Cooler Weather To Finish Load Work For 375Wby

  1. #1

    Default Finally Cooler Weather To Finish Load Work For 375Wby

    Well we finally have some cooler weather down hear so I can finish tweaking my load work for my 375Wby. I would like some impute on bullets any of you have found to be successful at the range in accuracy and on game for quick terminal results. I am getting good accuracy out of a 300gr TSX and a 300 grain Partition. What bullet with the above mentioned two parameters do you like the best in the 375 cal. Here are some pictures of my 375Wby since I lost a bunch of them on photo bucket.

    Just a reminder of what this is:

    Cartridge: 375 Weatherby Magnum
    Rifle: Weatherby Mark V Custom
    Stock: B&C Medalist
    Barrel: 25" Shilen - Bedded & Free Floated
    Muzzle Brake: Banzer
    Trigger: Tuned Weatherby
    Scope: Zeiss Conquest 3-9x40mm Rapid 600 Z
    Bases and Mounts: Talley









    Will show the final pictures on next post:
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

  2. #2

    Default

    Final pictures of 375Wby:









    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

  3. #3

    Default

    A question for you beartooth. Do your Medalist sport the MAXXguard finish that B&C offers?

  4. #4

    Default 375 Weatherby

    My 375 H&H and AI both preferred the nosler. Terminal performance is devastating. Deep and wide wound channels.

    JME

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by theONE73 View Post
    A question for you beartooth. Do your Medalist sport the MAXXguard finish that B&C offers?
    No, they don't, I ordered them before I new I could have that option.
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 375AIJGS View Post
    My 375 H&H and AI both preferred the nosler. Terminal performance is devastating. Deep and wide wound channels.

    JME
    Thanks, 375AIJGS, I going to assume you are talking about the Nosler Partition. Thanks for the terminal performance. How consistent has your accuracy been from group after group?
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

  7. #7

    Default

    Very nice camo job on that stock... which reminds me of when I shot my buck antelope a few weeks ago. After dressing him I had to drag him with one hand while holding my rifle with the another because I forgot the sling at home (yup, pretty dumb). Well that got old after a couple hundred yards so I laid my rifle down in sage and sparse grass that was about 2 ft high, not thinking twice about it and dragged the buck to the fenceline where I was able to load it into the truck. Well after getting it to the fence I looked back at the couple of hundred yards I had just dragged it and though, hmmmmm... this could be interesting finding my rifle. Fortunately, I was able to backtrack and there it was.

    Moral of the story, don't lay down that nice Weatherby in the woods and wander off. I'm sure you're a little smarter than I was

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MontanaRifleman View Post
    Very nice camo job on that stock... which reminds me of when I shot my buck antelope a few weeks ago. After dressing him I had to drag him with one hand while holding my rifle with the another because I forgot the sling at home (yup, pretty dumb). Well that got old after a couple hundred yards so I laid my rifle down in sage and sparse grass that was about 2 ft high, not thinking twice about it and dragged the buck to the fenceline where I was able to load it into the truck. Well after getting it to the fence I looked back at the couple of hundred yards I had just dragged it and though, hmmmmm... this could be interesting finding my rifle. Fortunately, I was able to backtrack and there it was.

    Moral of the story, don't lay down that nice Weatherby in the woods and wander off. I'm sure you're a little smarter than I was
    Yes, the camo is nice and that is how the B&C Medalist stock came from B&C. Don't worry I won't lay it down.
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Anchorage, Alaska
    Posts
    1,461

    Default

    Nice looking rig BT...it will look good beside it's other Weatherby ballistic cousins you have assembled over the years.

    I have found that my .375H&H and 270grn X's (now TSX's) are a great combination...powerful and accurate. I've taken a good number of moose with that combination. The grizzly bear I just shot in September dropped on the spot with one shot at 75 yards...I was shooting down on it from a hill and busted it through the shoulder, exiting the lower rib-cage on the far side.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Nice looking rig BT...it will look good beside it's other Weatherby ballistic cousins you have assembled over the years.

    I have found that my .375H&H and 270grn X's (now TSX's) are a great combination...powerful and accurate. I've taken a good number of moose with that combination. The grizzly bear I just shot in September dropped on the spot with one shot at 75 yards...I was shooting down on it from a hill and busted it through the shoulder, exiting the lower rib-cage on the far side.
    You know I like that info you have given on the moose and especially the grizzly bear because I have thought of going to just a little lighter bullet that is well constructed. I really like my 300gr TSX for accuracy and at the moment it is the number one contender for my standard round in my 375Wby.
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •