Thread: Finally Cooler Weather To Finish Load Work For 375Wby

Default Finally Cooler Weather To Finish Load Work For 375Wby

Well we finally have some cooler weather down hear so I can finish tweaking my load work for my 375Wby. I would like some impute on bullets any of you have found to be successful at the range in accuracy and on game for quick terminal results. I am getting good accuracy out of a 300gr TSX and a 300 grain Partition. What bullet with the above mentioned two parameters do you like the best in the 375 cal. Here are some pictures of my 375Wby since I lost a bunch of them on photo bucket.

Just a reminder of what this is:

Cartridge: 375 Weatherby Magnum
    Rifle: Weatherby Mark V Custom
    Stock: B&C Medalist
    Barrel: 25" Shilen - Bedded & Free Floated
    Muzzle Brake: Banzer
    Trigger: Tuned Weatherby
    Scope: Zeiss Conquest 3-9x40mm Rapid 600 Z
    Bases and Mounts: Talley

Will show the final pictures on next post:
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

Final pictures of 375Wby:

A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

A question for you beartooth. Do your Medalist sport the MAXXguard finish that B&C offers?

Default 375 Weatherby

My 375 H&H and AI both preferred the nosler. Terminal performance is devastating. Deep and wide wound channels.

JME

Quote Originally Posted by theONE73 View Post
    A question for you beartooth. Do your Medalist sport the MAXXguard finish that B&C offers?
    No, they don't, I ordered them before I new I could have that option.
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

Quote Originally Posted by 375AIJGS View Post
    My 375 H&H and AI both preferred the nosler. Terminal performance is devastating. Deep and wide wound channels.

JME
    Thanks, 375AIJGS, I going to assume you are talking about the Nosler Partition. Thanks for the terminal performance. How consistent has your accuracy been from group after group?
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

Very nice camo job on that stock... which reminds me of when I shot my buck antelope a few weeks ago. After dressing him I had to drag him with one hand while holding my rifle with the another because I forgot the sling at home (yup, pretty dumb). Well that got old after a couple hundred yards so I laid my rifle down in sage and sparse grass that was about 2 ft high, not thinking twice about it and dragged the buck to the fenceline where I was able to load it into the truck. Well after getting it to the fence I looked back at the couple of hundred yards I had just dragged it and though, hmmmmm... this could be interesting finding my rifle. Fortunately, I was able to backtrack and there it was.

Moral of the story, don't lay down that nice Weatherby in the woods and wander off. I'm sure you're a little smarter than I was

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaRifleman View Post
    Very nice camo job on that stock... which reminds me of when I shot my buck antelope a few weeks ago. After dressing him I had to drag him with one hand while holding my rifle with the another because I forgot the sling at home (yup, pretty dumb). Well that got old after a couple hundred yards so I laid my rifle down in sage and sparse grass that was about 2 ft high, not thinking twice about it and dragged the buck to the fenceline where I was able to load it into the truck. Well after getting it to the fence I looked back at the couple of hundred yards I had just dragged it and though, hmmmmm... this could be interesting finding my rifle. Fortunately, I was able to backtrack and there it was.

Moral of the story, don't lay down that nice Weatherby in the woods and wander off. I'm sure you're a little smarter than I was
    Yes, the camo is nice and that is how the B&C Medalist stock came from B&C. Don't worry I won't lay it down.
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

Nice looking rig BT...it will look good beside it's other Weatherby ballistic cousins you have assembled over the years.

I have found that my .375H&H and 270grn X's (now TSX's) are a great combination...powerful and accurate. I've taken a good number of moose with that combination. The grizzly bear I just shot in September dropped on the spot with one shot at 75 yards...I was shooting down on it from a hill and busted it through the shoulder, exiting the lower rib-cage on the far side.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Nice looking rig BT...it will look good beside it's other Weatherby ballistic cousins you have assembled over the years.

I have found that my .375H&H and 270grn X's (now TSX's) are a great combination...powerful and accurate. I've taken a good number of moose with that combination. The grizzly bear I just shot in September dropped on the spot with one shot at 75 yards...I was shooting down on it from a hill and busted it through the shoulder, exiting the lower rib-cage on the far side.
    You know I like that info you have given on the moose and especially the grizzly bear because I have thought of going to just a little lighter bullet that is well constructed. I really like my 300gr TSX for accuracy and at the moment it is the number one contender for my standard round in my 375Wby.
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS