Thread: Miners Moss vs Carpet

Default Miners Moss vs Carpet

I would like some opinions on what to use. So far I have just used the carpet, but it is old and rotting out on me. Time for a replacement. Somebody told me the moss tends to load up and can be difficult to recover all the fines from. On the other side, I was looking at carpet at Lowes and a fella there showed me what several customers had purchased for their sluices. It was finer on the ridge pattern than what I was using. Any input?

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

i use the rubber backed bath/kitchen matts. and a peice of the green out door stuff in the front. seems to do okay.
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

What do you have? Sluice box?dredge?high banker????????

Quote Originally Posted by RockHound View Post
    I would like some opinions on what to use. So far I have just used the carpet, but it is old and rotting out on me. Time for a replacement. Somebody told me the moss tends to load up and can be difficult to recover all the fines from. On the other side, I was looking at carpet at Lowes and a fella there showed me what several customers had purchased for their sluices. It was finer on the ridge pattern than what I was using. Any input?

2.5" dredge

2.5" dredge
    I would go with the "new style" carpet that Keene sells. I replaced all the carpet in my 4" dredge as well as my hand sluice and I was very impressed at the results. Not sure how big your sluice is on that 2" but if I have enough to fit it I would be glad to give you what I have left for nothing. Measure your sluice and let me know.

Curt

Wow! Great, 12" x 42"
    It was built 30+ years ago by a retired minister. As you can imagine, the carpet is falling apart. I checked at AMDS, they do not have any carpet and are not sure when if ever they will get any at all from Keene.

I have more then enough to recarpet that sluice, give me a call so I can get a piece to you.
    Curt 355-6151 cell

Wow! Great, 12" x 42"
    It was built 30+ years ago by a retired minister. As you can imagine, the carpet is falling apart. I checked at AMDS, they do not have any carpet and are not sure when if ever they will get any at all from Keene.

Default Great!

Thanks for the carpet! I just went from a jalopy to a Mercedes!

LOL, Glad I could help, now go AU up!

Thanks for the carpet! I just went from a jalopy to a Mercedes!