Thread: A world away ..

Default A world away ..

These are a few "ametuer" shots of my old aquarium... This was Very dificult as the lighting for the aquarium is a very difficult setup but here are a few shots...

corals

More to come..

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

full shot (camera phone)

You did good ...it's tough to shoot through glass. I have tried many times and have mostly failed. I have had salt aquariums in the past and I know that you have a lot of money invested in that tank and it's inhabitants. I am currently setting up a Vivarium for Dart Frogs(poison arrow frogs) ...I do miss the salt though.

Thanks for sharing.
    http://www.pbase.com/tull777

http://www.eddiefisherphoto.com/

"If you're too open-minded, your brains will fall out. ....."Tight Lines & Best Fishes"

the tank was 270g 3/4" acrylic / custom designed for my need... cost of the tank and equipment ran about 10,000 the inhabitants and corals were @ 5,000 ... My inhabitants (fish) were no smaller then 8" minus the anthias and CB angel. I had to sell it last year to move to Alaska 'cause maintenance would be astronomical up here. I would have loved some dart frogs but ... family refused that idea... ( if they knew that 80% of what was in my aquarium could kill you within minutes they would have shot that down also/. )lol

Quote Originally Posted by ret25yo View Post
    the tank was 270g 3/4" acrylic / custom designed for my need... cost of the tank and equipment ran about 10,000 the inhabitants and corals were @ 5,000 ... My inhabitants (fish) were no smaller then 8" minus the anthias and CB angel. I had to sell it last year to move to Alaska 'cause maintenance would be astronomical up here. I would have loved some dart frogs but ... family refused that idea... ( if they knew that 80% of what was in my aquarium could kill you within minutes they would have shot that down also/. )lol

That's a chunk of change, but worth every penny! We all have our hobby's that cost a bunch of money. Bummer you gave up the tank, but Alaska is well worth it!

In regards to the dart frogs ...the ones sold in the USA are poison free. They build up the toxins in their bodies from eating certain insects in the wild. Most sold here have been born in captivity and are safe. I am just having trouble finding them in Alaska. If I do order from the lower 48, they will have to be shipped in the Summer next day.

Again, nice tank!
    http://www.pbase.com/tull777

http://www.eddiefisherphoto.com/

"If you're too open-minded, your brains will fall out. ....."Tight Lines & Best Fishes"

Living @ the Top of the World in Barrow Alaska

Well, well, well, I miss the days of salt water fish tanks and I have had my share, but nothing as extravagent as that ! 100 gallon was my biggest tank.. But I did learn a much easier way to photograph them, through the glass with a 'flash' held over the water produced the most incredible results.

The flash was positioned of course at the top of the tank, but not pointed straight down near the front glass. tilted slightly towards the back glass so as not to wash out the front of the glass.

Your depth of field is too shallow. I know you can get much better results !

Naso Tang - one of my altime favorites to behold the splendid color(s).

YOU CAN SEE: The ARTIST @ work when viewing saltwater fish. The colors are just so intense and magnificent.

it is quite obvious: 'intelligent design" !!