Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Back from Rasberry

Default Back from Rasberry

Well we're back from Rasberry Island. We stayed with Rasberry Island Remote Camps. Birch and Tiffany Robbins have a first class operation out there.

I havested a nice buck. Akgrumpy havested a buck and a doe.

It was my first time staying in lodge setting. WOW beer on tap, Hot tub, Sauna, Toilets, first class meals, washer and dryer and did I mention first class meals.

We did not get pics of grumpys deer as he shot them on the last day 20 mins before dark.

Here's a pic of mine and of the lodge from the water.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW-----what a ride!
    Unknown author

That looks pretty darn respectable, any idea on what he'll score?

I don't know what he will score. I dropped it off at the taxidermist yesterday. Thanks
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW-----what a ride!
    Unknown author

Very nice buck indeed! Hard to see in the pic, 4x5?

Nice buck, Jim! Now that's the type of hunting setup I like, sauna and beer on tap in the evenings <grin>. Looks like a beautiful spot, thanks for sharing the story and pics.

Congrats on a nice buck!
    Good hot food, cold beer and a hot sauna sure sound nice after a long day of hunting.

yes, congrats on a great buck.

yes great buck, and great pictures to go along with it. thanks for sharing, congrats

Quote Originally Posted by jkb View Post
    Well we're back from Raspberry Island. We stayed with Raspberry Island Remote Camps. Birch and Tiffany Robbins have a first class operation out there.

I harvested a nice buck. Here's a pic of mine and of the lodge from the water.
    This was a very nice buck. We were about 1000' in elevation at the time he was spotted. JKB shot him, and by the time we reached the area he was hit we almost couldn't find him due to being covered in snow.

And did he mention the hospitality and FOOD. After a week of hiking up and down those hills I lost 0 pounds.

You lost 0 pounds good grief. If I hadn't went up that face on the last day I think I might have gained weight on the trip.
    Unknown author

Nice buck! Looks like a tall rack.
    Rough duty but someone has to do it.... Thanks for taking one for the team ;-)
    Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

wee doggie thats a purdy buck.Congrats to you.

Nice buck ! Did you see any other bucks while hunting . It must of been fun hunting in the snow .

Charterboat Operator

off the buck subject, are Birch and Tiffany carrying on the family tradition?? Stereo starts blasting at 7am? light out at 10? pretty awsome place to go to, and oh yeaah, NICE BUCK

Default congrats

Nice buck. Are they still using the maxweld catamarans for their business? I saw one in Kodiak a few years back with their name on it. Looked like a pretty sweet ride.

Ultramag-We saw a real nice one the day after harvesting the one in the picture. We were unable to get that one I guess thats why they call it hunting. It was fun in the snow the deer would stand and look at you thinking you could not see them. Another hunter harvested a bigger one later in the week as well.

Pole bender- Still got the speakers outside. Tiffany plays Nora Jones and such though. The Kegerator runs without power so its always on. They've got the life out there.

weserve- They've just got one Maxweld now. Don't know where the other is. Very nice boat. Runs right up on the beach.
    Unknown author

Default nice

Thanks Cot Man! Also, thanks for introducing us to AK hunting forum. Busy ladies here today, one on Bear Beach so expect good stories tonight. NE 50 day you left took away the snow, but is snowing again now so things should go well.

Default Welcome

Welcome to the forums Raspberry Island. Hope you have a good week.

Default Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by jkb View Post
    Well we're back from Rasberry Island. We stayed with Rasberry Island Remote Camps. Birch and Tiffany Robbins have a first class operation out there.

I havested a nice buck. Akgrumpy havested a buck and a doe.

It was my first time staying in lodge setting. WOW beer on tap, Hot tub, Sauna, Toilets, first class meals, washer and dryer and did I mention first class meals.

We did not get pics of grumpys deer as he shot them on the last day 20 mins before dark.

Here's a pic of mine and of the lodge from the water.
    Great post and great looking buck. Congrats to both of you. I just wish I hadn't read this post with my wife looking over the shoulder, I guess we're planning a trip to the camp now...

Fuse

Worth your money, Fuse.

Hey Raspberry Island, is Cilla still in camp, or did she move to the big city?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast