Thread: Living in Palmer rules!!

Default Living in Palmer rules!!

I started this morning by cooking a nice breakfast and watching some Football. After a little while I bundled up and went for a ride that lasted about 2 hours. I then came home, took a hot shower, and am planning on watching more football before I have to go to work. *** was I thinking living in Anchorage for 5+ years. I don't know what heaven is like, but this can't be far from it!!

Dose anybody know the name of this lake (Frozen in the first 2 pics)? It is located by Moose Medows. Just wondering. GREAT TRAILS THROUGH THERE!!!

Pretty sure I know where you were. If I am right that is not a lake, just a big swamp. Did you find cross any ATV/Snowmachine bridges? If so then I know exactly where you were!

I'm betting that is the big swamp on the trail system I told you about Jesse. There is a small pond around a peninsula on the East end. The majority of is is just swamp tho. Great riding and there is a way you can get up onto the hillside if you want more info .
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

If he is right then so am I!! If you guys are interested I wouldn't mind meeting up and going for a couple hour ride next weekend. I havn't been on a wheeler back in there since the mid 90's

I think that you guys know where I am talking about! It is down Sun Valley Rd. (about 6.3 miles down Palmer Fish Hook Rd.). What looked like a frozen lake/pond easily could have been a swamp. It had tons of little islands. I would love to get a ride organized, but I can't do it this weekend. I have drill. The weekend after next is doable though. My schedule is pretty flexible throughout the week as well, so long as I have a little notice. We can start at my house. I live 5 min. from the trail head.

Did you find cross any ATV/Snowmachine bridges?
    Yes! On the trail that wrapped around the frozen parts. They looked like they were made out of 2X4s. I stopped when I hit a sign that said "Moose flats. Please stay on the trail"...or something like that. I later backtracked and went down the trail that crossed the frozen swamp. It was well traveled. That is where I took the pics.

would love to get in on a ride I have tuesday thurs and fri off been itching to get out and ride. not to mention gt to see some where new

I have this Tuesday off. It's my only day off this week. What time do you want to hook up? My wife gets home from school at 11:00am. We could leave my house then. Anybody else want to go?

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse27 View Post
    Yes! On the trail that wrapped around the frozen parts. They looked like they were made out of 2X4s. I stopped when I hit a sign that said "Moose flats. Please stay on the trail"...or something like that. I later backtracked and went down the trail that crossed the frozen swamp. It was well traveled. That is where I took the pics.
    I have hunted and ridden that area for over 20 years. That swamp used to be a huge series of beaver ponds! In the early mid 90's someone went in there tore up the dams and set a bunch of traps. I couldn't believe it but they trapped them out of there in one year! I don't know if it was ADF&G sanctioned to wipe them all out or just a locust trapper that wasn't interested in a sustainable harvest. There were hundreds of ducks that used that area durring the migration and my dad and uncle used to jump shoot several every year while grouse hunting the trail system. Now a few ducks hit the ponds that are left but nothing like the late 80's

I can be out there plenty earlier I have to be back in town and cleaned up to shoot darts. I have to shoot at 6:30. and I need directions from anchorage.

Let me see if I can get a babysitter. If I can't, my wife will be home at 11am.

My buddie and I went rinding this morning and found a trail that crossed the swamp and went up into the woods. We rode the trail for about an hour before we had to turn around because I had to go to work. I think that the trail goes down the valley that splits the mountains to the left in the pic. Anybody know whats back there? I have tomorrow off and I pawned the kid off, so we are planning on going farther back tomorrow.

Default scarf

Are you wearing a rainbow colored SCARF?

Quote Originally Posted by skinnyriver View Post
    Are you wearing a rainbow colored SCARF?
    Nope. My friend is. Better to be warm then look cool!