Thread: Interior Moose Calling

Default Interior Moose Calling

Is anyone having any luck with calling in some Moose? Cow calls, bull grunts maybe a little thrashing. I did a couple grunts and had some moose come my way on trail. Figure they were headed my way to begin with.

thanks

You have to give them time to respond and a couple of calls probably won't do it. Call at night before you go to bed, in the morning when you get up, in the middle of the afternoon. Moose don't live on a schedule and tend to respond when they see fit.

Default I waited, & waited, & waited...

in a meadow one evening & right before sunset there were some moose that showed up, we (my hunting partner, his son & I) were in that meadow all afternoon & early evening on...

We cow called, & called & called, & finally showed up...Patience pays off, they were cow's & Calves though, as the bulls are being stubborn 'round here...

My cousin and I actually called a small bull in last week while up by Delta/Tok using cow calls. We were calling in a dry lake bed. The moose showed up after only about ten minutes of calling. Maybe we got lucky, but he came right towards us.

I pitched my tent at 8:30 last thursday evening in the hills north of Fairbanks. Started calling at 9. Had a bull come grunting in a little after 10. Saw him in the binos but could'nt get the scope on him. Nothing the next morning. Or atleast I didn't see or hear him. That evening I started calling around 6. He came up out of a valley around 7. I saw him on the move about 500yds out. Let out a couple calls. He stopped, looked my way and then kept on going. Fortunatly I was able to close the gap by about 150yds and got him. Not sure if he came in to my call or just happened by. I know he must have heard all my calling. He may of just come around out of curiousity. Maybe a bigger dominant bull was around and he didn't want to get whooped. This guy was about 36-40inches.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

We will see how they are responding this weeked. Good to see that some are having success.

thanks

Thumbs up 38"

10 Sep .......0730 AM .....Called him in for 1 hour......started with cow in heat.......then switched to young bull with brush busting/thrashing..... had him worked up......gave me a sweet 200 yard shot......moose in freezer!
    Alaska

NO NO.... your way off!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fishing KLUNKA View Post
    NO NO.... your way off!!!
    ??? What? Way off on...?

Am I the only one confused?

Default Fairbanks Management Area

Well..... so far I have been hunting the FMA for the last 4 days. From first to last light. I have even had some private ground to hunt. I have called every way that I know how and have had 0 luck. The sign is there and the tracks are fresh just no moose. I know the heat is a driving factor. I saw there is a a possibility of rain for tomorrow evening. Maybe that will get the moose moving. Anyone having any luck or have some advice? Also, going to call Fish and Game and see if electronic calls are legal... Anyone know?

thanks

alaska bush man,

You shoot that bull with that 338 Win. Mag.?