Thread: Coots in Alaska-ATV

Default Coots in Alaska-ATV

Just curious, anyone using the Coot ATV in Alaska? I purchased one 15 years ago and have used it mainly for fun but it could be a serious hauler. It does have some limitations and the ARGO looks like a much better all around vehicle. I do like the full metal body and the articulating body though. Like I said, just curious-there must be some in Alaska still running. Thanks for sharing, Mark

Hey mark, my brother has one of those things and they are pretty badass machines. The thing I do'nt like about it is there is no leg room for a 6'3" guy, lol, and he's got the big tires on it and it takes me and my dog to turn it around,lol. other than that that thing will climb a tree if you asked it to. And another thing don't forget the paddle if you try to cross a pond.

Rock Skipper, yes they will climb a tree. I was going through a buddy's woods, going over small trees maybe 1" to 2" diameter. Well I got brave and hit a bigger one with the front bumper, went up a ways and slipped to one side. No damage but a bit scary for a second. These thing are built like a tank, not a very tight turning radius though. In a calm pond my tires will pull me to the other side, not fast though. I did rig up a motor mount to the back and used an electric trolling motor-much quieter if you wanted to fish. Lots of fun. Mark

All seasons argo has two for sale sitting in the wearhouse