Thread: FOUND - YELLOW LAB - F - Eagle River

Default FOUND - YELLOW LAB - F - Eagle River

Parkview Terrace Area

Will take her to VCA Tommorrow to see if Microchipped - PM if Yours, or post this thread. I dont have the dog, but I know who does, and I will make sure she is taken care of. I dont really want to take her to the pound, I am considering orphaning this dog for a few days if the person who has her now elects to let her go - they have no need for a lab and dont have a home that is "lab ready". She has no identifying tags at all, just a collar - you identify the collar and show that you are the owner (by pet recognition) and she's yours.

If I dont bring her in for a few days I will pay for 2 days Kennel Fees at VCA in Eagle river in hopes the proper owner finds her.

Responds to basic commands and is well mannered, hardly barks and doesn't seem to whine at all - Nice dog

Possibly a slight mixed - hard to say, looks more Pure than Mix

Hopefully someone on these Forums knows the dog or the dogs owner

Scott

You can try putting it on Craigslist

Default Owner Found - Happy ending

The dog has been re-united with its Owner thanks to a Microchip!!

If your dog doesn't have one, I'd highly suggest getting one put in.

Scott

Great happy ending.

Scott,

Did her owner surface yet? If not, please send me contact information for the dog & I'll send it to the Anchorage retriever club folks.

Karen Wilson

Oops -- missed the follow up, but that is GREAT news!! Microchips can be lifesaving to your dog & well worth the cost. Inserting the chip doesn't hurt the dog, and they last a lifetime (occasionally migrate, but scanners can usually pick them up).

Karen

Quote Originally Posted by Cutter View Post
    The dog has been re-united with its Owner thanks to a Microchip!!

If your dog doesn't have one, I'd highly suggest getting one put in.

Scott
    Well done Scott. I have a black lab and have him chipped. I hope if he is lost I will have the same result.

Default Agreed

I know the feeling, our last dog although she didn't run away made us think she did. I let her outside to go pee (we have an acre so she can just be let out) I open up the door and I call her and she doesn't come I'm runnin all over, down the street, up the street, in the woods, in the house, everywhere I was thinking I wish she had her collar on so someone could call us from her ID. My heart sank I was so scared. Come to find out she didn't run away she walked up to our backyard laid down and died. She didn't come because she couldn't. She gave us 10 of the most fabulous years with a little trouble here and there but dint they all. She would sleep at the feet of my bed. Without the slight pressure pushing against my feet it just didn't feel right. The weirdest thing is she was in great shape, she lived inside, ate premium food, and seemed like a pup when you'd play with her. I now have a new pup to take her place in my bed but she just wont have some of those funny quirks like my old one had. Her name was Mattie Mclarren Cross nicknamed Roo after scooby doo